So so rare!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
Nevermind... Rob, the link you posted is actually from Chicago.... already got that one.....
Toronto is said to be even better, yet the guy who filmed it refused to put it online....

Goldeneye macphisto isn't rare at all... it's widely spread online, I got it too...

oh ok, thanks for the info.

how did you know that? I was looking all over for it, couldn't seem to find the location...i saw Toronto in the comments a few times so I assumed it was indeed Toronto...but that is so annoying, when U2 posters on youtube don't post the location!! :angry:

Rob33 said:

oh ok, thanks for the info.

how did you know that? I was looking all over for it, couldn't seem to find the location...i saw Toronto in the comments a few times so I assumed it was indeed Toronto...but that is so annoying, when U2 posters on youtube don't post the location!! :angry:

well, I didn't notice at first either, but it's exactly the same as the video I have on my pc from Chicago, and since that one's been around a long time and Toronto still hasn't appeared, it must be Chicago :)

it's indeed annoying :wink:

Yes, that video is from Chicago and not Toronto. In Toronto there was a 'relax, don't do it' snippet at the end and it was a better peformance overall I think. There is a video that exists somewhere but it's not the whole song.

Just for me, not rare at all I'm sure, I used to have U2 and Bruce singing Stand By Me and I used to listen to it all the time, then I lost all of the music off my computer and I was never able to find it again. But that was my favorite U2 thing ever, and I've been missing it for years :(

bono_212 said:
Just for me, not rare at all I'm sure, I used to have U2 and Bruce singing Stand By Me and I used to listen to it all the time, then I lost all of the music off my computer and I was never able to find it again. But that was my favorite U2 thing ever, and I've been missing it for years :(

I have it and will put it in my save file, but save file is down right now. Also, it's on you tube, and you can convert it to MP3 or save the video easily with vixy.net.

DevilsShoes said:
The Brit Awards 2001 version of Mysterious Ways has never surfaced in any form ever.

I have downloaded the whole set from U2 start, including Mysterious Ways. But I'd have to go back and listen if it is cut off by end credits or anything. But since the version is over 4 min long I suppose it's the whole song.

As for rarities, I think one of the Vertigo Toronto shows (Discoteque, Eddie Vedder on stage, etc.) is fully missing, I would love to hear this one.

Also, the Day and Night full video from MusiCares 2003 (there is a real haunt going on for this one).

And, though it's not really U2, I would love to see and hear the full version of Don't Give Up with Bono and Alicia Keys from the Black Ball 2007.

IMPORTANT DISCO NEWS!
Isnt the Toronto discotheque version the one which also starts with Pop muzik intro?

IF so yes i have a video of it, not the whole song i think it's missing some stuff of the song but it has parts of it it's 3:12 minutes long and has the pop muzik intro. The file info also states Discotheque TorontoIV.

Anyone know where i can upload it to?

oceane said:
Yes, that video is from Chicago and not Toronto. In Toronto there was a 'relax, don't do it' snippet at the end and it was a better peformance overall I think. There is a video that exists somewhere but it's not the whole song.
Well i guess that's the version i have on my pc indeed, it starts with pop muzik intro and going into the song, then it cuts to some pics and then there is the end with the relax don't do it snippet but not full.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:

I have downloaded the whole set from U2 start, including Mysterious Ways. But I'd have to go back and listen if it is cut off by end credits or anything. But since the version is over 4 min long I suppose it's the whole song.

As for rarities, I think one of the Vertigo Toronto shows (Discoteque, Eddie Vedder on stage, etc.) is fully missing, I would love to hear this one.

Also, the Day and Night full video from MusiCares 2003 (there is a real haunt going on for this one).

And, though it's not really U2, I would love to see and hear the full version of Don't Give Up with Bono and Alicia Keys from the Black Ball 2007.

:hyper: Really, I had no idea, I always believed that only those who were actually there that night had ever heard it.

I'm off to U2Start, lets hope its the whole performance, thanks Last Unicorn :wave:

Last edited:
schnumi said:
IMPORTANT DISCO NEWS!
Isnt the Toronto discotheque version the one which also starts with Pop muzik intro?

Well i guess that's the version i have on my pc indeed, it starts with pop muzik intro and going into the song, then it cuts to some pics and then there is the end with the relax don't do it snippet but not full.

Yes that is the video I am talking about. It has been circulated pretty widely as I remember, but as far as I know there was never a decent quality, whole song recording (video or audio) of the Toronto version. The only reason a bit of a big deal was made out of this is that I think we pretty much have every Vertigo Tour songs from pretty much every city in some form or another, so we've been spoiled ;) And the Toronto performance was, in my opinion and many others who were at the show, the best ever live version of Discotheque. Better than Chicago mostly because of the Pop Muzik intro and 'Relax' ending.

My picks would have to come from the U2 archives as I dont think a bootleg was done of them:

-The December 82 Dublin shows
-The Lark by the Lee festival Ireland 1985
-November 1987 Louie, Louie's bar Birmingham AL
-September 9, 1992 Detroit complete
-September 15, 1992 Chicago
-Brisbane 1993

Just a few off the top of my head.

Isn't there a Stuck In a Moment Version with Mick Jagger and his daughter singing backing vocals in the chorus that's never been released? I also think there's an instrumental verison of Stay the band sent to Wim Wenders when he was shooting Far Away, So Close.

Thanks for that, brings back great memories:drool:

Nothing like getting something like that totally out of the blue at a show! I remember people on the floor getting totally bonkers when we heard the Pop Muzik intro. :wink:

Why they did not continue to play this on the tour baffles me...

And yeah, this vid is the ONLY thing that remains from that legendary performance.

oceane said:

Why they did not continue to play this on the tour baffles me...

And yeah, this vid is the ONLY thing that remains from that legendary performance.

Bono nixed the Pop Muzik deal in Chicago, said it didnt work. Edge supposedly nixed Disco as he didnt enjoy playing it on this tour and didnt think it fit the setlist. I disagree with their assessment along with most here I think.

Its not, there is an audience audio recording of it out there. I think it will surface eventually. Some of the other things involving it, probably not.

Blue Room said:

Bono nixed the Pop Muzik deal in Chicago, said it didnt work. Edge supposedly nixed Disco as he didnt enjoy playing it on this tour and didnt think it fit the setlist. I disagree with their assessment along with most here I think.

Its not, there is an audience audio recording of it out there. I think it will surface eventually. Some of the other things involving it, probably not.

Well, ok I am aware there is an audio 'out there' but since no one has it, we're not in a very different situation than if it didn't exist at all!

didn't Bob Dylan record a vocal for "Love Rescue Me" back in the day.
i seem to remember that he had them erase it immediately. ho hum... now that's something i would love to hear...

Galeongirl said:
Y'know just for the sake of it, it's on Youtube now :D
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-Jdr8W1p8

:applaud:

I was there that night, right next to the stage. I just about wet myself when that started up. But I think I was even more stunned when they played Fast Cars for the first time earlier in the week. I went nuts! (And most of the people around me were all:confused: Not real fans obviously, LOL!)

That's cool! Never knew they played Pop Musik during the Vertigo tour. Would've been amazing if they ripped into MOFO then done that version of Discotheque!!

Yep that would have been a killer. Never understood why the band (and the prominent one The Edge) decided to drop this gem.

It is the best version of Discotheque, it's got balls. I think many would have loved to see a POP encore on Vertigo.

And im glad i uploaded it now, this video had been on my pc for more then a year im sure.

Thanks to Galeongirl for uploading it! :)

I wanna see the hokey pokey and the U2 version of American Idol from the COBL video shoot

Bad from Live Aid is on Youtube... I have watched it, and I don't think it fades away at the end.

biff said:

:applaud:

I was there that night, right next to the stage. I just about wet myself when that started up. But I think I was even more stunned when they played Fast Cars for the first time earlier in the week. I went nuts! (And most of the people around me were all:confused: Not real fans obviously, LOL!)

Speaking of this, still waiting for Toronto 1 show (September 12, 2005) in mp3... :waiting:

Back
Top Bottom