So my dad just called...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if he likes Salome and When Love Comes To Town
I would suggest the Following

Hawkmoon 269
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
Everlasting Love
North And South Of The River (i have never met anyone who didnt like this song)
maybe The First Time

You must include
STAY (Faraway, So Close)

And I disagree that POP would scare him away. I think this forum has proven that ZOO STATION is the one U2 song that scares parents away (same thing here. i remember on a road trip in 1994 I finally convinced my dad to let me listen to ACHTUNG instead of his Enya tape and about 30 seconds into ZOO STATION he ejected the bastard... But he LOVES the guitar on Discotheque, so there you have it.)

There are a few tracks from POP that are straightforward non-scary rock and roll.

Gone
Last Night On Earth (Single Mix)
Staring At The Sun
Please (Single Mix)

those tracks wouldn't scare him away

Nice list, imp! Sure your dad can handle Mofo at the very beginning? :wink:

My Dad loves the Achtung/Zooropa stuff :cool: esp. Numb, Lemon, Mysterious Ways, One among others. I think the videos have something to do with it though! ;)

Chizip said:
i showed some of my friends the DVD, and during Zoo Station one of my friends said "they must hate playing this song." and i was like why? and he said because its so bad.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

:tsk: what kind of people do you hang out with?

Seriously, what is it with parents and Zoo Station?! My mother loves U2, but anytime I put that song on, she acts like she's bored/doesn't like it.

Also, a few songs you might want to consider:

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Night And Day
Last Night On Earth

Or you could, you know, just get him a copy of Pop and force him to love it =D

Halup said:

Seriously, I've been using the internet for about 9 years and it seems that only this year that I've noticed people beginning posts and sentences with the word "so", which I'm assuming everyone knows is not grammatically correct.

I think previously, the only times I seen or heard people begin sentences with "so" is when a comedian is setting up a joke or when people have used it in asking a question like "So, when are we going to leave?".

Well at least you're not around people who start a sentence or conversation with thw word "no"!

("No, I was at the store the other day" or "No, Jim called me yesterday".) :eyebrow:

Well, my dad already loves Zoo Station, I played it from the DVD for him last week and he thought it was amazing. He's the one who got me into U2 when I only have the Best of 80-90, and he told me I HAD to listen to Achtung Baby. The rest is history.

Anyway, I'm taking the original list to him right now. Leaving for Houston in a few minutes. So we'll see how it goes.

inmyplace13 said:
Well, my dad already loves Zoo Station, I played it from the DVD for him last week and he thought it was amazing. He's the one who got me into U2 when I only have the Best of 80-90, and he told me I HAD to listen to Achtung Baby. The rest is history.

Anyway, I'm taking the original list to him right now. Leaving for Houston in a few minutes. So we'll see how it goes.

I wish my dad liked Achtung Baby. The only song he likes from AB is One, and he can't sing it to save his life. Gets the lyrics completely wrong. I think he does it just to annoy me. "One love! One love! When it's one love in the...uh, love!"

Hope your father likes the mix! It sounds like he is cool after all, so Mofo won't give him a fright. :up:

Everyone has their own favorite "obscure" songs and you've received tons of suggestions already. But if you're going to put "Miss Sarajevo" on the CD, I know I'd prefer the Bono only version from any recent concert. There are quite a few good mp3's of this song out there and I think hearing Bono's operatic vocals is quite the treat. :yes:

Plus, I know some U2 fans - perhaps your Dad is one of them - who aren't crazy about collaborations (although he did seem to express interest in "When Love Comes to Town").

WildHoneyAlways said:
My dad won't listen to U2. :angry:

I was watching the chicago dvd on my laptop at work and my coworkers were all "what's that racket??!!" when Zoo Station was on. :sad:

Then they called me a groupie again. :sad:
Which is soo not true. :angry:

awww what a mean thing to say..calling you a groupie :sad: ...We are not groupies...everyone repeat...We are not groupies! And I am not going to take it anymore...:madspit: :mad:

My dad heard Zooropa in the car the other day and almost said "what the fuck is this son?"

but caught himself and changed it to frig

My sister loves Babyface, my least favorite U2 song, but she's also a "Lumps, Humps and Goodies" fan as I like to call them

so that's a bad sign

:|

YOU USED A LEMON ICON FOR THIS THREAD, AND LEMON ISN'T ON YOUR PLAYLIST?!?!??!!?!??!!?

...I think you can probably tell which song I think you should add. ;)

Good list besides that, though. :up:

Back
Top Bottom