So if the new best of goes through 2001 does it mean.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Does it mean that there won't be any new songs. I know that when the first best of came out there was a new version of the Sweetest thing but that song was originally recorded during the time frame on the album......so do you think that the "new" songs on the album could just be songs re-recorded like the "Sweetest Thing"?

A couple of b-sides that could be reworked are

Where did it all go wrong
Salome
Holy Joe
Big Girls are Best

or do you think they could release b-sides orginally recorded during that period but never released like

Heaven and Hell
She's gonna blow your house down

I don't know if putting out new songs during 2002 should go on the album...

Which do you think of the above is the most probable?

Swan my sweet,

I believe that U2 shall release the "Best of..." with at least 1 new track. Whether it is a reworked b-side from the past or a newly recorded tune - I haven't a clue. I'd like to see both just for the helluvit.

- The Zoocifer -

Personally I really wish they would hold off on the best of. It seems SO rushed to put out a greatest hits album that consistst of songs like BD and Walk On....
I wish they would postpone it, and put out a single on the Gangs of New York sountrack while gearing up for the new album in 2003/ Tour in 2004. Of course, I am not a member of U2 so I don't have much say in the matter.....:lemon:

Hitman said:
Personally I really wish they would hold off on the best of. It seems SO rushed to put out a greatest hits album that consistst of songs like BD and Walk On....
I wish they would postpone it, and put out a single on the Gangs of New York sountrack while gearing up for the new album in 2003/ Tour in 2004. Of course, I am not a member of U2 so I don't have much say in the matter.....:lemon:

I'll talk to the boys for you:yes:

STUPID!

I don't often think that U2 pulls really stupid moves. Sometimes just sorta misguided ;). But I really don't like the idea of putting the ATYCLB singles on this Best of... it makes no sense to me.

They have enough songs from Achtung - POP along with a couple of soundtrack hits to make a really solid best of 1991 to 2000. I think putting on the latest album singles is a waste. Most of the people that would buy the album for those singles, just bought the actual album a year ago! So it really doesn't offer any more draw than if it they weren't on there.

What is even more disturbing is this - they had a solid start, a VERY solid start on a best of 2001-2010. But I am very worried now that that album will not happen. Or are they expecting to put out four more albums in the next 8 years, and expect to get at least 2-3 popular songs off each of those albums in order to make another best of? That seems pretty remote even for our great band! Because really if you make a best of 1980-1990, a best of 1991-2001, and then continue to make new albums, but don't have the hits to make a final 2001-2010 best of, it looks pretty pathetic.

OK, that's my rant for the day.

Back
Top Bottom