So if iTunes gets the album earlier...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not if everyone buys the sleek and stylish new I-pod, no downloading necessary!!! Woo-hoo, jumping on the Apple bandwagon!!

What if the first "legal" or any availability of the album IS the iPod?

Now that's good marketing.

I was thinkin cuz of all this marketing with Apple, U2 might do just that (release it earlier) That would be awesome!

Hoodlem said:
What if the first "legal" or any availability of the album IS the iPod?

Now that's good marketing.

Nothing like a 400 dollar album - which I am going to gladly buy the instant it comes out

Ugh, I'll be pissed if it's released first on iTunes. Music fans do exist in Australia, you know ...

It would be marketing hell to release it on iTunes first. People would either get just one song and not buy the album, or they would buy it and leak it all online for the public to download. If U2 care at all about piracy, they will put it on iTunes on 11/23 and no earlier.

I think it would be wiser for the album to come out the same day or a week later on iTunes. Especially if U2 or management is at all concerned with chart placement.

Also, it seems stupid to buy the new iPod with the U2 albums on it. First and foremost the songs are stuck on there. You can't upload songs from your iPod to iTunes on your computer, and have fun trying to listen in your car. Second, the quality will be Mp3's (not sure what bit-rate they use either), not CD quality. Just buy the album at the store people, do yourself a favor and help U2 chart better at the same time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom