So I have 4 Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung Baby without question!! You will not regret it. This is the greatest album ever made by four men and a guitar.

vanessajones82 said:
Boy, October, Joshua Tree and Pop.... What should I get next?

Which do you like best of these?

If you prefer the 80's albums, buy War and UF next. If you prefer Pop, buy Achtung Baby and Zooropa.

I would work you're way to Achtung Baby.

My route would be...

ATYCLB -> HTDAAB -> UF -> War -> Achtung Bay -> Zooropa

You can't work out Zooropa properly without hearing Achtung first.

Welcome :wave:. Let us know how you get on!

Sorry for the slipup lol. See, I usally type the word Cum for than I do Hum, so bad mistake. lol. Sorry. But I will buy Rattle and Hum today with Achtung Baby.

vanessajones82 said:
Boy, October, Joshua Tree and Pop.... What should I get next?

U2 albums are all in "trilogies" and here is my advice: don't listen and don't trust anyone that speaks 80's U2 vs. 90's U2... that's a huge BS.
It's 1980-1983 vs. 1984-1988 vs. 1991-1997 vs. 2000-20??, remember that :)

You have 'Boy' and 'October', so I'd sugest getting 'War' next to complete the bands first "era" (my personal favorite BTW).

You also have 'Pop', the last album of a certain "era", so it would be good to know how it all started with 'Achtung Baby' first and then 'Zooropa' (my second favorite "era")

You have 'Joshua Tree', to be honest you wont be surprised by anything from that "era" (the most succesfull one, with the most popular songs, but my least favorite), because 'Unforgettable Fire' is like "getting ready" for 'Joshua Tree' (don't get me wrong, it's one of the band's best work, it's just that you wont find anything unique here if you already have 'JT') while 'Rattle and Hum' is a Joshua Tree one step to far (with a touch of country music:barf: :yikes: )

Once you'll have all of these, it's time to buy ATYCLB. Why? Well, you'll see U2's adventures in the BritneyPop-style world and you'll see how much better HTDAAB (the new one) is, wich I recomend bying as the last one.

If you'll be still hungry buy 'Passengers', Million Dollar Hotel - soundtrack, and Best Of CD's (with the "B-Sides" discs if you're lucky...)

Have a nice time exploring new music... :)

Buy the following three:

Achtung Baby
Rattle and Hum
War

These three albums have some of the best U2 classics on them.

The following I believe are U2 essentials:

War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby.

The rest are just a luxury.

Trust me, don't waste your time on Passengers. Put that money toward Unforgettable Fire instead. It would be a much wiser choice.

If you like, send me an email, and I'll send you a couple of U2 concerts.

You can contact me at skenrangerone@yahoo.com

Pretty much what everyone else said.

Achtung Baby is absolutely essential.

Beyond that, get War, and then Unforgettable Fire.

Whatever you do, don't get Passenegers instead of Unforgettable Fire. Passengers is not a U2 album. There's a reason they decided not to release it as a U2 album. (Don't get me wrong, I love moe of the Passengers songs, but it just doesn't compare to Unforgettable Fire)

ACHTUNG!!!
After that, check out war and the new album. Or, just get them all!

Yeah, I agree with everyone else about Passengers. It's not really a U2 album. My least favorite U2 album is Rattle and Hum, but it does have a few great tunes on it.

Last edited:
I think All That You Can't Leave Behind would blow you away. That was my first album and I absolutely loved it (still do)

Back
Top Bottom