So I finally bought some Edun gear...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladera Heights

The Fly
I went out to Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills today and picked up the forest green military shirt/jacket

and a heather grey hoodie (don't have a picture).

They had a lot of stuff not shown on the website and the sales guy said Edun gear is presently their top-selling line.

Nice high-quality-to-the-extreme stuff and highly recommended.

OK, starsgoblue, I took some pics just for you.

Sorry for the shitty quality pics, I don't have a digital camera at the moment so I used my phone :(

Hoodie
Front

Front print detail

Back print detail, note the asymmetric stitching along the upper back

Green shirt/jacket
Front

Front pocket detail

Back

Inside pocket poem detail

The hoodie was $158 and the green shirt/jacket was $215.

Last edited:
Is this the same one? With the little butterfly? I :heart: it!

5b33ae

I also want this shirt....
5b33f5

Why doesn't money grow on trees....:rant:

starsgoblue said:
Is this the same one? With the little butterfly? I :heart: it!

5b33ae

I also want this shirt....
5b33f5

Why doesn't money grow on trees....:rant:

It's the guys version of that hoodie. (I'm a guy). I checked out the ladies section and they had a lot of different pieces. But back to the guys section, they also had a bunch of t-shirts, jeans, etc. I didn't see any t-shirts that I liked, because they all had that euro-tight cut (not my thing).

starsgoblue said:
Didn't mean to feminize you! :laugh: My bad!

I really think their cloths are beautiful. The inside pocket poem looks sweet. What's it say?

No offense taken.

It's hard to make out what it says due to the cursive and messy stylistic silk-screening, but here's the best I can make out:

" ...'s gaze we ----ke the very you...
...e it around, so that it sees objects...
...which is so deep in the animals' fa...
...eth,. We, only see death; the free...
...decline in back of it, forever, and...
...and when it moves, it moves alon...
...eternity, like a fountain."

In other words, don't buy it for the poem.

Last edited:
I just wanted to make the point that anyone who can afford Edun should go out buy some stuff to support their business model. Not to mention the stuff looks great and is quality too.

Its too bad its so expensive, but that's the probably the cost of using a big name designer and providing a living wage for the workers.

Oh yeah, in an age when people are willing paying $200 for torn-up funky jeans, $215 for a nice shirt/jacket is not that bad. BTW, Edun jeans were $158.

It looks like the edge was wearing that Green Jacket in the GMA interview. I know I'm going to break down and buy some Edun gear soon but I have to fund the fall u2 tour fund first:huh:

I've now have bought THREE EDUN shirts - two tshirts and one extremely lovely ladies' blouse that any one of the women at Interference would crave to have. (seriously, it's that beautiful)

The two tshirts cost $58 and $65 (long-sleeved) respectively, but the ladies blouse, which retails for $175, only cost me $58!

It seems that the blouse was MISPRICED at the Saks store in Chicago and I was able to legally purchase this blouse at quite a reduced price.

EDUN won't lose their money on this deal so I felt comfortable buying this blouse for this price.

After spending nearly $200 on three items from EDUN, I felt it was the Universe's way of saying "thank you". :wink:

I'd like to know if the two black satin shirts Ali wore at the launches are Edun and available for sale???? I'm seriously coveting those shirts - she looked so good!

(Have I just broken a commandment?
"Thou shalt not covet thy favourite rock star's wife's clothes")
:evil:

OMG I gotta go buy me some EDUN because Bono makes it! I love to overpay for clothes that look like everything else! That's a smart idea. And it will help cure world poorness, which we all know is caused by the United States!

theblazer said:
OMG I gotta go buy me some EDUN because Bono makes it! I love to overpay for clothes that look like everything else! That's a smart idea. And it will help cure world poorness, which we all know is caused by the United States!

You go do that.

theblazer said:

Okay. And don't donate to charity. And don't help your friends when they need you. In fact don't help anyone.

What is so wrong with trying? Why do some people feel the need to shoot those who do try to help down?

I personally don't see a problem with paying a little extra for clothes that weren't made by starving, underpaid children. I also think that Edun and companies like it ARE helping the poverty problem -- they are establishing ecconomies in countries that were previously all but ignored by the western world.

YOU don't have to try and do anything, but please don't critisize those of us who do.

:|

Last edited:
theblazer said:

Do we know what Saks's GM on this stuff is ?

Edun is such a great idea. Just got the t-shirt with "Edun" on the front and the quality is fantastic. And actually, I'm not one to where clothing with logos on it, but their logo-ing really seems subtle. Totally my favorite t-shirt...and for so many good reasons!

Meghan said:

Okay. And don't donate to charity. And don't help your friends when they need you. In fact don't help anyone.

What is so wrong with trying? Why do some people feel the need to shoot those who do try to help down?

I personally don't see a problem with paying a little extra for clothes that weren't made by starving, underpaid children. I also think that Edun and companies like it ARE helping the poverty problem -- they are establishing ecconomies in countries that were previously all but ignored by the western world.

YOU don't have to try and do anything, but please don't critisize those of us who do.

:|

word up

Back
Top Bottom