...so i can't get the elevation dvd to work on my computer, you see...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Here I have this near top of the line computer with a 32 MB DDR RAM video card and a new 19" monitor. For the life of me, though, it refuses to work. DVD 1 flat out won't run. DVD 2 gets to the menu, which animates slower than one can ever imagine, and the video portion flat out won't run. Runs Windows 2000 and DirectX 8.1 on an AMD Athlon 1.33 GHz.

Did I ever mention that I really hate computers now? I know this hardware should work, because it works on my brother's computer, which is slower, has the same video card and monitor, and identical DVD drive. If anyone has had this problem and can help figure this shite out, I'd appreciate it.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Try this, it makes you feel better:

1)Open up the main frame and place it next to the monitor

2)Find an old golf club and beat the crap out of them

3)Repeat as necessary

Sorry melon.

I feel your hatred towards computers, trust me. I hate all electronics. It took me all day to "fix" my brand new dvd player because I hooked it up through the vcr cuz my tv sucks and the picture kept fading light to dark dark to light whenever the damn thing played a movie.

Modulator is the key word here.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Sorry melon.

I feel your hatred towards computers, trust me. I hate all electronics. It took me all day to "fix" my brand new dvd player because I hooked it up through the vcr cuz my tv sucks and the picture kept fading light to dark dark to light whenever the damn thing played a movie.

Modulator is the key word here.

Doesn't Macrovision suck? That's why it was doing all that fading. Macrovision is yet another protectionist scheme, and is only activated when your DVD player goes through anything before it hits your TV. It's made so that you can't use the VCR to record your DVD.

DVDs are really more trouble than they're worth.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

God damn you're smart... lol.

None of my neighbors or people at any of the stores where I went today to get the modulator seemed to have ever heard of what I was telling them my dvd player was doing. Accept my landlord, who told me to go get a modulator.

Macrovision, yeah! It sucks. I was getting ready to return the damn thing. lol.

Just keep your DVD player completely separate from any other components hooked up to your TV. Guess that should work fine.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom