So how many versions of "Vertigo" are there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonfave

New Yorker
Let recap: The Jacknife Lee version, the mono version, stereo version, and maybe I could count the one where the Spaniards recorded the the song over @ Bono's house. Are there any other version............? :eyebrow:

If the rumors are true, there might be a non edited version of the song that has the fabled drop off in the middle of the song and maybe a longer first verse?

shart1780 said:
I want a longer first verse and the dropoff!!!

Amazing. I was so excited to hear Vertigo that I forgot all about the dropoff. Edge even mentioned it in their interview with Interference but it's nowhere to be found.

I dunno; I heard it on the radio and it sounded just like the one from Valencia. Maybe the dropoff's on the album version...?

The news on this site said that there would be a single version out and since this one we're listening is just 3:11 I think this is the might be the single version. This is a very short version so I don't think the album version is maybe like just 30 seconds more or else they wouldn’t have made a single version cause the song would still be short. I hope (but I'm not sure) that the album version is at least a minute longer, which would be absolutely great! However I cannot picture this song any different than the format we got. Probably because I’m listening to it too much. :|

Since there isn't a dropoff (which was talked about as being such a crucial part of the song in the Interference interview), it's my guess that this probably isn't the final version of Vertigo, but it it's so perfect just the way it is right now that it's hard to imagine it getting much better! ;)

Back
Top Bottom