so...how is the DVD?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
come on people,
surely somebodies already got it at home.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Watching it right now-still tired from Vegas-but so far, I really like it.

Since I was at this show, it's bringing back great memories. I'm just watching the concert part now. Good camera work and close-ups IMO.

I took a long lunch break and went home and watched about half of the concert and all of the "Making of". Obviously the concert is awesome...amazing. A couple of observations from my first partial viewing:

1. Maybe it's just the sound settings on my PC (my dvd player), but Stuck seemed to be dominated by piano, which I found odd since no one was playing the piano. I don't remember this being so obvious at the show I was at (Minneapolis), but of course it's much easier to hear in my basement than in the Target Center. So I'm curious, was the piano part played by a sequencer during the show, or was this mixed in later?

2. I remember reading alot here about Edge chucking his guitar at the end of Gone, and I was curious to see if that would make the film. It did. But in the "Making of.." part, they talk about how bad the first Boston show was and how everything went wrong. As an example, they show Edge throwing his guitar while Dallas is standing below the stage and then Edge yelling at Larry. Then they talk about how the second show was so much better. But Edge's guitar throwing is in the concert film. So, is the film just the 2nd night and he threw his guitar that night as well, or did they edit this episod in from the 1st night but the rest of the concert is all 2nd night, or is the whole film a mixture of Boston 1 & 2?

I thought the DVD was a mixture of footage from both shows. But I may be wrong. Btw, spiral..we still need to meet up sometime. Twin Cities fans unite! email me, eh?
smile.gif

-sula

I didn't think it was their best performance ever - but always nice to have it on DVD.

One thing I was surprised by was Bono's choice to quote "Rock N Roll N****r." I hate that word, and I'm sure he does too - but to have that strong of a word on DVD was a bad decision on their part.

Just my .02 - but the use of the word - in whatever context - is always a turnoff.

Back
Top Bottom