So Edge does sing the final verse on Miracle Drug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckonanz

The Fly
I saw a clip from CDUK where they performed Miracle Drug, and Ege does sing the final verse. I was 100% that it was Bono but I was wrong.

Go check the video at www .u2exit.com

Christian

Yup. saw that this weekend and then heard the CD... it is definitely Edge. Was surprised I didn't catch on earlier

:reject:

They do have similar sounding voices at times though...

MD is the best song there. It's the only song on HTDAAB that i can see as a "classic".

long time reader first time poster

Miracle Drug is a great song, however OOTS really had me hooked the second it started, I think its a beautiful song, one of their best IMHO.

He sings:
"Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear a voice
It's whispering
In science and in medicine
I was a stranger
You took me in"

AND he plays the gutiar part too. it's not the easiest gutiar part, i was surprised that Edge even tried it on the album! Edge really is the best

holly shizza, i must say edge is going good on vocal these days, i like this even more knowing he sang it, it seems to have an extra feeling to it, i love the song, has a saddening feel of 'this is the end' of something and im not going to let it go without a fight type of thing. well at least to me.

Edge has a wonderful singing voice. I'm glad to see him singing lead, even for just one verse.

Bono and Edge have similar voices in similar ranges and can be easily mistaken for each other, but if you listen carefully you can hear style differences. Bono's voice is more emotional and passionate, but can go off-key easily. Edge's voice is smoother and cleaner, though not as emotive. And they meld together beautifully. :) They kind of remind me of John Lennon and George Harrison in that respect.

Last edited:
Sue DeNym said:
Edge has a wonderful singing voice. I'm glad to see him singing lead, even for just one verse.

Bono and Edge have similar voices in similar ranges and can be easily mistaken for each other, but if you listen carefully you can hear style differences. Bono's voice is more emotional and passionate, but can go off-key easily. Edge's voice is smoother and cleaner, though not as emotive. And they meld together beautifully. :)

I think exactly the same.
I would dare to say that bono has the voice, but edge is becoming a better singer.

Also in the falsetto part of sycmoyo, the final mix has more from the edge than from bono.

I knew it on the first listen of the CD.

Edge has a slightly higher voice (think Van Diemen's land or Popmart Sunday bloody sunday), more sweet and delicate. (they sound very similar on Seconds on War, though, when Bono's voice didn't go lower and in a more throaty direction)
He's perfect for backing Bono in choruses and the like. I like it when they sing together and not just the chorus - Don't take your guns to town, Wild honey.

Back
Top Bottom