So do you think the "stolen" CD was all hype?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
The reason I ask this question is because here we are, one day away from the release of Vertigo, and none of us have heard it. That's pretty amazing for any band to pull off, let alone a band as huge as U2. I was SURE there would have been a leak by now.

With that, do you think that perhaps the whole "stolen" cd fiasco was just hype, because I mean, wouldn't it have turned up by now???

I always thought this. Nothing beats giving the album a drop of hype. My Dad even asked me about the stolen album. No telling where he heard it from because he doesn't listen to U2 at all.

it's possible, and i think it's cool if it was because U2 needs to step up their hype game sometimes. But what makes me think it wasn't is that it was reported that the French police were involved and came to the photo shoot and questioned people, etc... I don't think U2 would pull a stunt like that with police time and personell involved.

definetly. but some people hinted that the leaks with the spanish fellas was also planned hype. but thats going way to far imo.

But I just don't see what they'd really have to gain from it unless we were nearer the release of the single or the album? For your average joe, yes, they'll hear the news, but they'll have forgotten all about it by now, let alone November.

Either they lost it (unlikely) or someone is off with it and has jsut kept it for themselves. Remember, the FBI and all sorts were involved when the AB session DAT tapes were taken, so unless the person concerned has really good connections in the bootlegging industry or IT, they might just not have the know-how of what to do with it (or the balls).

But i agree that it is strange that nothing at all has appeared on the web in the time since it happened.

Back
Top Bottom