SNL makes fun of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw it... very funny
they talked about the unos, dos, tres, catorce, U2 iPod, & they did a parody of the U2 performance, - head butt, camera spin and all...
and they didn't really make fun of Bono - very tasteful representation of him by Farrell

Pretty funny stuff!

I am DEEPLY disturbed by how accurate Farrel's mannerisms were during the "Vertigo" performance. I admit, though--I cringed a bit more watching him than I did watching Bono...just a bit, though...

:wink:

I think the entire skit is kind of lost on those who arn't hispanic and/or don't watch Univision.

Wow....he just said, "I shit you not," and the feed didn't cut out until like three or four seconds later. Someone fucked up with the tape delay over at NBC... What a way to end the show...quite Bono-esque. :wink:

My dad yelled up to me that Bono was on tv, but then he realized it was just an actor playing Bono. It must have been quite dead-on.

Well was the questionable word used as an adjective, verb or noun?:wink:
Apparently this makes all the difference in the world

Wow. That was nuts. The singing was terrible, but the raspiness in the voice, the accent (Ok, I know, he's Irish, too, but they sound different), and the mannerisms were astonishingly exact. This is almost a tribute to the man more than a lampoon... remember the old Adam Sandler as Bono getting knocked out by Sinatra? Funny, but much more venemous

The performance was good, but very short. The raspy singing was spot-on, and the elevated shoes were hilarious, but I think the skit could have been much funnier/longer. They could have done a parody of the whole Vertigo performance, it could have been a skit in and of itself, with Farrell as Bono and other members as other band members (I think Horatio Sans as Larry would've been hilarious). Just my two cents!

-Miggy

I thought it was hilarious and I love that he even had the gigantic shoes on!! :lol:

Thanks for the download Queen Bee!

Back
Top Bottom