Smokers and Ex-smokers needed here pls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Hey all!!

I am taking a class in Research and Evaluation and I am currently needing people to take part a brief survey. It's for those who are or were smokers. If you would be so kind as to help me out, would you post your email here and I'll send it off to ya? I need as many results as possible by Saturday. Thx a bunch!! Muchly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

If you don't want to post your email, you can email me at svetayasofiya@hotmail.com

The survey is quite short and should only take a couple minutes.
wink.gif

------------------

msthefly@hotmail.com

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Thx guys!!

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 11-08-2001).]

Originally posted by kobayashi:
you are all sinners!

LMAO kobayashi. Smokers aren't sinners... and anyway, maybe the results of my Research Project can help them.
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Angel:
LMAO kobayashi. Smokers aren't sinners... and anyway, maybe the results of my Research Project can help them.
wink.gif

oh no, you got it all wrong. you shant be associating with such riff raff.
only the bad kids smoke.

------------------
always wear your safety belt

Hey girl!

LOL At first I read "Elevation" and not "Evaluation" !!! :O

You've got mail, baby. At least I hope it worked. Lots of weird windows started popping... lol I'm such a freak. Can't even use Internet.

Anyway... I miss sharing packs of Marlboro with you girl!!!

Rosa

Originally posted by Desert Rose:

Anyway... I miss sharing packs of Marlboro with you girl!!!

lol!! Me too!! Ahhh, those were the days, but you know- I have quit! If you can believe that. May strike up a few for Vegas baby, but I am a pure soul now. lol
wink.gif

------------------

wrong. you shant be associating with such riff raff.
only the bad kids smoke.

[/B]

What an ignorant and stereotypical generalization. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Cigarette companys are dirty capitalist conglomerates that have a choke hold on the population and unfortunately kill off most of their customers. this causes them to advertise to the young and impressionable so they can hook youth and gain cusotmers for life which means high revenues. unfortunately these big companys are part of a bigger whole, and you cant just axe them because theyll make up for it by reducing funding to other portions of their sister companies.
Plus the government can tax them to hell and make a great amount of revenues, so even if you were to manage to find a way to kill them, youd strike a major blow to the economy.

This all being said, I dont smoke, and I dislike when others smoke in my presence, I also find it incredibly inconsiderate for people to smoke within their own home if they have children. Not only do their children more often tehn not begin to smoke, but it causes major health problems. Everyone of course knows all this. But Kobay, you cant just call everyone who smokes bad and so forth. Misinformed, yes. No longer in control because they are addicted, yes. But not bad, it doesnt work that way.

I mean just look at good ol Adam, would you say U2 is a bad band just because Adam smokes?

Anyways, I have stuff to do, I think, hockey or something, gnight.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
What an ignorant and stereotypical generalization. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Cigarette companys are dirty capitalist conglomerates that have a choke hold on the population and unfortunately kill off most of their customers. this causes them to advertise to the young and impressionable so they can hook youth and gain cusotmers for life which means high revenues. unfortunately these big companys are part of a bigger whole, and you cant just axe them because theyll make up for it by reducing funding to other portions of their sister companies.
Plus the government can tax them to hell and make a great amount of revenues, so even if you were to manage to find a way to kill them, youd strike a major blow to the economy.

This all being said, I dont smoke, and I dislike when others smoke in my presence, I also find it incredibly inconsiderate for people to smoke within their own home if they have children. Not only do their children more often tehn not begin to smoke, but it causes major health problems. Everyone of course knows all this. But Kobay, you cant just call everyone who smokes bad and so forth. Misinformed, yes. No longer in control because they are addicted, yes. But not bad, it doesnt work that way.

I mean just look at good ol Adam, would you say U2 is a bad band just because Adam smokes?

Anyways, I have stuff to do, I think, hockey or something, gnight.

oh man i have to reconsider my refusal to use smilies. i totally agree with everything you just said dude-i was joking. you were spot on and what i did was a play on what i remember being told by parents and educators between the ages of 7-16 to keep me and my friends away from cigarettes. that's all, i didn't really mean that people who smoke are bad, that's ridiculous and as crazy as i am even i can't believe that. my girlfriend of 1 1/2 smokes and i always kid her with the same language-anyways i have to get watching hockey to, and sorry for any hard feelings, but all i meant as was a joke and you were spot on.

------------------

Thx for all your guys help!! Anymore???
biggrin.gif

And kobayashi- I knew you were joking.
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Angel:
Thx for all your guys help!! Anymore???
biggrin.gif

And kobayashi- I knew you were joking.
wink.gif

but unforgettableFOXfire didn't.

------------------

but unforgettableFOXfire didn't.

Well kobayashi, your posts are usually very profound. I figured something was awry when you were like ppl who smoke are bad. But at the same time, if I dont say anything, then im not helping, which makes me part of the problem. But yeah, I woulda said that at some point whether you said what you did or not, just consider it inspiration
wink.gif

I quit 4 months ago...decided to use patches...then figured that it was useless to use patches and then have to give them up...so then went cold turkey after 10days...
I so much like to smoke its still pretty fresh...I don't drink much(but plan to in Vegas!!) to avoid the smoking challenge...
email me at
kathymichelle@usa.com

Thx guys for all your help. We are done now and left with the tedious job of analysing. Oh so much fun. Anyway, I understand the survey may not have worked for some of you, but thx for trying!! There were a few technical glitches, so-to-speak.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom