Slug - greatest unappreciated song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWanderer

The Fly
Ya know I go through phases where I think it's the best song they've ever done - and I'm on that kick right now. I threw on Passengers and forgot how much I love it. I think Slug is better then some/most official U2 songs on their albums.

Let me get an amen on Slug!

Yeah I had never heard this song until lately but I absolutely love it. In fact I think I am going to listen to it right now...

Slug is great but Let's go Native is the best of Passengers. Miss Sarajevo is just grossly overrated.

Slug is great music to chill out to. Deserves heaps of praise

unappreciated by who? I LOVE this album, especially slug, but I guess it's not commercial, hence it's unappreciated by many fickle fans. But yep, great song! How about passengers 2?

u2 is the best soundtrack band in the world (someone should tell them that because i think they don't know it), and slug is one evidence of that, just like corpse, your blue room, stateless, and so many others...

I agree. Slug is an incredible song. Passengers is great stuff too. They need to do P2 asap. I like Your Blue Room a lot too.

Slug is brilliant, my favorite song off the album. I'm glad that so many other folks feel the same way.

TheWanderer said:
Ya know I go through phases where I think it's the best song they've ever done - and I'm on that kick right now. I threw on Passengers and forgot how much I love it. I think Slug is better then some/most official U2 songs on their albums.

Let me get an amen on Slug!

Yeah, I love this one. I always play it several times when I listen to that album (along with "Beach Sequence"). And, I'd also love to see the imaginary movie it was written for. Of all the fake movie summaries in the liner notes, this one sounded the most like a real movie.

I belong to the Slug fan club as well. I recently bought Passengers (I had several mp3's before that), and found out how cool the whole CD is. Corpse sounds like a Radiohead song, and that was around the same time Radiohead was developing their signature sound. And Always Forever Now is great to listen to while cruising in your Trabant.

God I couldn't agree more.
Great track, love the underwater drums.
I would love to hear more Passenger releases. I loved the concept of different passengers getting on and off. they could work with diff people between albums, doesn't even have to be full band just one or two members with others, throw it together and put them out.

I love this song........so dreamy.......Passengers: Original Soundtracks I is such a beautiful effort, and it's actually stronger than a few U2 releases....

slug is perhaps my favourite u2 song, and maybe even one of my favourite songs of all time.

I think that while Your Blue Room is kind of beautiful in its ethereal sound - it's really timeless - Slug may be my favourite over it because it's the first song off the album that grabbed me and I thought - WOW!, now this is something that needs to be heard.

Back
Top Bottom