Slane US Special 11/28???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoocarolina

Refugee
I hope this is true, get to watch the Redskins beat up on the Cowboys in the afternoon and then watch U2 that night!!!

Wouldn't get much better than that + some turkey in between!

:yes: :yes:

Well, I haven't heard anything about the Slain show being broadcast, but I did find this on VH1.com:

If you're still awake after the turkey's sleep-inducing amino acid L-tryptophan takes effect, you can catch U2 on a live broadcast of NBC's "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" at 11:35 p.m. ET, according to a network spokesperson. The program will be broadcast to U.S. servicemen and women stationed in 175 countries and aboard 150 Navy ships via the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service.

U2 will also be the subject of a CNN profile during the cable channel's "People in the News" program, which is scheduled to air at 9:30 a.m. ET.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
Yeah, except I'll be watching the Cowboys STOMP all over the Redskins ;)

This would indeed be too good to be true since I have nothing going for me on Thanksgiving...

Why don't you have anything going on?

Here is a Thangsgiving dinner with a totally random family for you.....

P0003443i.JPG

Oh look!
It's Mom and Dad and Gramps, and little Timmy!

*drools at cranberry sauce in cylindrical shape on plate

No family = nowhere to go for thanksgiving
If it's anything like last year, I will be eating microwave waffles and getting drunk on Wine Coolers spiked with lots of vodka by myself :drunk: :yuck:

brimcart said:
Well, I haven't heard anything about the Slain show being broadcast, but I did find this on VH1.com:

Where did you see it on VH1.com? I can't find it.....:scratch:

*edit - I'm just realizing it was Thanksgiving last year that they were on......false alarm everyone!*

Last edited:
Well that just sucks.
In any event, you have your Interference family!

Here is a really really really happy family that you can eat with.

turkeyday4.jpg

Isn't that quote about the "Tonight Show" from last thanksgiving? They broadcast it to troops all over, and there were servicemen/women in the audience.

Hmmm.......not sure if we'll actually be seeing Slane on television at all.....if so, it definitely won't be on one of the major networks as the band's Popmart behind the scenes special had some of the lowest ratings in network history according to the VH1 Legends special.

As far as I know, CBS is going to be showing the Slane concert at some point. This was part of some promos that were aired earlier this year

womanfish said:
As far as I know, CBS is going to be showing the Slane concert at some point. This was part of some promos that were aired earlier this year

I could have sworn they were going to show it right around the time the Best Of was released, but if that were true you would think we would know the date by now.

I saw the possibility posted on atu2.com and this has been in discussion for months, so I'm sure it will happen at some point, if not, I'll be crying bloody murder for the DVD!!!!

Just saw this on atu2:

SLANE SET FOR U.S.: A source who works for a CBS affiliate tells @U2 that the network has just notified affiliates that the U2 Live at Slane concert special will air at 10:00 pm ET/PT on Friday, November 29th.

Cool!

Sounds promising.....

This was the atU2 email for today:

-------------------

SLANE SET FOR U.S.

A source who works for a CBS affiliate tells @U2 that the network has just notified affiliates that the U2 Live at Slane concert special will air at 10:00 pm ET/PT on Friday, November 29th.

m2

------------------

*fingers crossed*

*just realized hubby's silly 10 year class reunion is that night*

*:sigh: yet another U2 event I have to enjoy after everyone else*

Re: Sounds promising.....

bonosloveslave said:
This was the atU2 email for today:

-------------------

SLANE SET FOR U.S.

A source who works for a CBS affiliate tells @U2 that the network has just notified affiliates that the U2 Live at Slane concert special will air at 10:00 pm ET/PT on Friday, November 29th.

KICK ASS!!!!

can't wait :hyper:

1. Generate ?buzz? / positive ?word of mouth? with U2 fans (who spread it to casual and non fans) by showing it earlier in the month on TV in other countries and having special North American theater previews. The power of the internet !
2. Use heavy ?sweeps month? advertising and ?Thanksgiving Holiday special programs ? campaign to promote it. One example is expect to see a lot of Slane commercials during the CBS Thanksgiving football game and the College football games on Friday. How about a primetime commercial with ?During your homecoming this holiday tune into U2?s own triumphant homecoming in Ireland during their Elevation Tour? ?
3. Show it on a Friday night rather than the dead TV night ? Saturday (which was unfortunately used for the ABC POP special). The Friday after Thanksgiving is considered the official start of Christmas shopping season and one of the biggest shopping days of year. People come home from a long day of shopping exhausted ? collapse in front of the TV ? and watch the Slane special !
4. The Slane special is a great success and makes up for the POP special !

Yipeee!!!!:D :D :D I can't wait for this BUT there is one problem............I'm going to see NO DOUBT that day!!! Oh boy, I hope I can figure how to set my vcr!!!! Thanksgiving here we come:D :love: :yes: :wave:

Last edited:
Re: look right above & below you

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Friday, November 29th @ 10pm ET/PT

:wave:

Thank you LarryMullens_POPAngel, Sicys evil handmaiden and poptart.

I like all of your name, is that some of those pleba things ?

:heart:

thanks for waving at me to :)

*waves*

bye

Tech said:
Yipeee!!!!:D :D :D I can't wait for this BUT there is one problem............I'm going to see NO DOUBT that day!!! Oh boy, I hope I can figure how to set my vcr!!!! Thanksgiving here we come:D :love: :yes: :wave:

my gosh, how is going to see no doubt a problem? I wanna go see them!

:heart:

If CBS shows the nearly two year old Slane Concert on a Friday night at 10 pm, it would surely challenge the record held by the Popmart special as the lowest rated non news show in primetime network history.

Imagine if U2 had the 2 lowest rated show in prime time network history?

Yeesh.

Hitman

U2Soar said:
3. Show it on a Friday night rather than the dead TV night ? Saturday (which was unfortunately used for the ABC POP special). The Friday after Thanksgiving is considered the official start of Christmas shopping season and one of the biggest shopping days of year. People come home from a long day of shopping exhausted ? collapse in front of the TV ? and watch the Slane special !

Actually that special was shown on a Friday night as well.

Hitman

WOW, on thanksgiving. ZFirst U2 played at the super bowl (on my birthday) and now this! U2 is allways with me on the hollidays:)

cheers
fritz

Back
Top Bottom