SLANE to air on CBS this year!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
woooohooooo!!! i just got this from atu2.com!!!

biggrin.gif

CBS Announces Big Special Events for the 2002-2003 Season

U2 and Celine Dion Will Headline New Specials

NEW YORK, May 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Rock superstars U2 and international
superstar Celine Dion will headline new Special Events during the 2002-2003
season on the CBS Television Network.

Multi-Grammy Award-winning U2 will be seen in concert on their new Special
-- from the famed Slaine Castle in Dublin, Ireland -- singing the hit songs
that made them global rock stars. In addition to their performance, the
Special will include a behind-the-scenes look at one of the most successful
bands on today's music scene. The Special will coincide with the release of
a new CD.

Celine Dion, also a multiple Grammy Award-winner and considered to be the
premiere vocalist of her generation, will return to CBS in a new Special
that will show the artist in a way viewers have never seen her before. It
will coincide with the opening of her new show that will be directed by
Franco Dragone (Cirque du Soleil's "O" and "Mystere") at Caesar's Palace in
Las Vegas. The Special will feature segments from that show with brand new
songs as well as the hits that signify Dion's special brand of
entertainment.

This season, CBS has had six of the top 10 most-watched entertainment
specials including "The Carol Burnett Show: Showstoppers," "Michael
Jackson's 30TH Anniversary Special," "Survivor: Africa Reunion," "The 44TH
Annual Grammy Awards" and "The 35TH Annual CMA Awards."

CBS is the Network that brings the best in special event programming.

Copyright ? 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association Inc. All Rights Reserved

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
ALlllllllly you always have the *best* news!!

this is GREAT!!!!

lol, olive! i just like to post the happy stuff...
smile.gif
woohoo! i am really looking forward to the "behind the scenes" footage as well- wonder what that will include...

yay!
biggrin.gif

Wow, that's incredible.

That might confirm two things 1) the release of the Slane DVD and 2) a new record.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:

That might confirm two things 1) the release of the Slane DVD and 2) a new record.

i think it's waaay too early for the band to have set a release date for a new album, so i think the special will coincide with the release of the second "best of" (due out in november). as for the DVD, who knows... i'm just happy we'll get to see something!!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
i think it's waaay too early for the band to have set a release date for a new album, so i think the special will coincide with the release of the second "best of" (due out in november). as for the DVD, who knows... i'm just happy we'll get to see something!!

yeah smart thinking here ally! as my friend Kim said "the marketing machine rolls on" - exactly!

and about the "behind the scene footage".. that sounds exciting but I also thought that the elevation behind the scenes footage was going tobe interviews with the band and such..*shrug* anything will be good of course. even more hamish
wink.gif
smile.gif

Woo Freaking Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This rocks!!! I finally get to see Slane!! I'm so happy I'm not even going to bitch about the commercial interruptions we will have to deal with
smile.gif

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
yeah smart thinking here ally! as my friend Kim said "the marketing machine rolls on" - exactly!

and about the "behind the scene footage".. that sounds exciting but I also thought that the elevation behind the scenes footage was going tobe interviews with the band and such..*shrug* anything will be good of course. even more hamish
wink.gif
smile.gif

yes, even more hamish dancing would be fine! although i would appreciate some other stuff...
biggrin.gif
lol!

and olive, i know kim! long story, but we made the connection last week... how funny! i know her through my friend janet- we'll have to all get together sometime!
smile.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I don't want to wait for November! But YAAAAAAY! I really hope there will still be a DVD. YAAAAAAAAAY!

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

I like the fact that this release states that the special will be shown in conjuction "with a new CD" (which one? The Best of?), but I keep thinking, uh, commercials and heavy editing of the concert (I'm thinking the Boston concert on Vh-1 last Nov).

And will this be Slane 2?

Originally posted by *Ally*:
yes, even more hamish dancing would be fine! although i would appreciate some other stuff...
biggrin.gif
lol!

and olive, i know kim! long story, but we made the connection last week... how funny! i know her through my friend janet- we'll have to all get together sometime!
smile.gif

Ooooooh that's right! I think she mentioned this to me- yeah! Janet liked my bono page and all
smile.gif
that was so awesome! Yeah we should all have a get together, maybe in the summer - we all live so close!
smile.gif

If it?s in November I may not be in the country. But I?m sure I can beg one of my crazy Twin Cities interf friends to record it for me. Great news!
biggrin.gif

YIPEEEEEE!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think the theory about it coinciding with the "Best Of" collection is right on.

Originally posted by UV2001:
1) I wish it wud be Slane 1
2) Why is it you always get U2 on tv in America. I feel so left out.

We didn't get the Hot Press awards, or that awards thing a few days ago.. and wasn't the award show where they played Beat On the Brat shown in Europe/Ireland, as well?

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Originally posted by sharky:
ally-- between here and U2NYC you're giving me a freakin' heart attack.

lol! well, i was sooo excited by this news that i had to post it in both places!! and yes, i'm a total loser.
biggrin.gif

have fun at ed harcourt, sharky... we'll miss you at pete yorn!!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom