Slane Reports, Post here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT??!!!! THEY PLAYED A SORT OF HOMECOMING!!!!!! LUCKY SLANERS!!!!

------------------
"You know, when we came through here on the Conspiracy of Hope tour, I could just feel something happening. People in offices, and factories, and schools, and artists, and everybody just kind of waking up or something. It was great. I remember, I think we did five dates, five or six dates. But I remember very much Chicago. One, because I think U2 played well that night, it was good. And the other because, you're so noisy. For the name of love!"

Thank You Calluna!
I got chills watching it and U2 wasn't even there yet!!!

LOL @ Chillis & Relish...a good menu.
biggrin.gif

thanks a million for the link calluna!

I'm getting chills just thinkning about it. They should be wrapping up the set pretty soon now. We should here the setlists and reviews in about an hour.

SORT OF HOMECOMING!!!

Setlist so far...Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday (Show in progress - full setlist to follow)

Sunday Bloody Sunday must have been amazing!!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

errrr Bonoman, its 9.19 pm GMT, I doubt it will be wrapped up so soon, not even half way yet!

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

oh fuck that right its not 8 hrs its 7...yer right. have to wait longer!!! Whatver i cant wait....WHOOO)_O)O)O)O)O))owkbksfhdl

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

sla07d_full.jpg

Sat,?Aug?25?01:06?PM
U2's "The Edge" and Bono (R) perform on stage at Slane Castle, County Meath, Ireland, August 25, 2001. REUTERS/Paul McErlane (Reuters)
Beautiful shot, beautiful sky...awww!

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 08-25-2001).]

You're very welcome, you guys! I got that link from my atU2 mailing list. They just sent me another link to some photos from the Red Hot Chili Peppers set. They say there will be alot of U2 ones available later on.

Here is the link:

As a reminder, the wire services should be filled with photos from the Slane
concert. There's already one online from the Chili Peppers and plenty of U2
pix should follow later. Here's the fastest link:
http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=U2&n=20&c=news_photos

(Thanks to Matt McGee from @U2)

------------------
Remember the goul.

The digital won't let me go.

WHAT A PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy shit look at the clear sky with the sun setting!!!

Holy shit gonna hyperventulate!!!

clam calm calm!!!

------------------

Here is the what it looks like from high in the sky ....
_1508391_slane300.jpg

Shit i am gonna be their next week..it looks crazy !!! I am getting wicked nervous for some reason

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

ok people u must stop i am going to have a heart attack...hahaha..

I cant wait for dvd, mp3s, reviews. I want it all baby!!!

whoooooooooohoooooooo

------------------

Originally posted by NicaMom:
imdf25082001160320a.jpg

Take my hand...

THANK YOU Nica Mom! Where did you find those and can we see more?

Bono looks so precious and beautiful. What a moment, is that Edge's hand?

Look, have any of you noticed Bono has a new jacket? It has red stripes but no red star.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

setlist so far:

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Desire (Show in progress - full setlist to follow

------------------

HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!!!

sorry about the swearing, but i'm just sooooo excited reading the setlists and looking at these pictures!!!

------------------
"You know, when we came through here on the Conspiracy of Hope tour, I could just feel something happening. People in offices, and factories, and schools, and artists, and everybody just kind of waking up or something. It was great. I remember, I think we did five dates, five or six dates. But I remember very much Chicago. One, because I think U2 played well that night, it was good. And the other because, you're so noisy. For the name of love!"

more songs.....

Wake Up Dead Man,
Stuck in a Moment,
In A Little While,
Desire

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

Wow some cool pictures, The internet dont you just love it, Stick on a bootleg look at the pictures and pretend we are there..
biggrin.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

wow 80 thousand people showed up

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

thats bono reaching out to a fan!

------------------

I agree Ace, the internet AND especially U2 fans are fantastic!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Back
Top Bottom