Slane Reports, Post here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by bonoman:
hmmmm they played yellow??

cool...what about dancing in the moonlight!

Yellow? Dancing in the Moonlight? What are these songs and who's gonna be hooked up with boots next week?????
eek.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Thank You Calluna!
I got chills watching it and U2 wasn't even there yet!!!

LOL @ Chillis & Relish...a good menu.
biggrin.gif

OH MY GOD, Nicamom! I got the goosebumps too! I am logged into the chat right now and i just watched the news from Callunas link, got the goosebumps ,and then went and mentioned it in chat!!!!! Then i scolled down a bit and saw your post - eerie!!
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 08-25-2001).]

those are great pics yeah skeek!!!

I want to be there and be going nuts!!!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

me too...i think it like a 50's song...

great pic skeek!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by Starr:
Originally posted by ACROB@T:
DITM is a song by an English band called Toploader
Can you give me how that songs goes...cause i am thinking of totally different song..i think

Go to http://www.toploader.com and then the music section. They have sounds there.

Marty

P.S. Still don't know who recorded it originally.

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Coldplay's "Yellow"
smile.gif
Wow....I need to hear this!!

Thin Lizzy would be a kick-ass tribute...it sounds like the best show of the tour, I am so jealous!!!! But that crowd looks way too humongus!!!
invasion.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

well the concert should be soming to an end if it isnt already over. Lets see that whole setlist u2tours!!

------------------

Thin Lizzy have a cover of Whiskey in the Jar, they should play that.. it would be very cool

I love that jacket! I want one now!!

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
OH MY GOD, Nicamom! I got the goosebumps too! I am logged into the chat right now and i just watched the news from Callunas link got the goosebumps ,and then went and mentioned it in chat!!!!! Then i scoll down a bit and saw your post - eerie!!
eek.gif

It's the effect U2 has on us MissMacPhisto.
smile.gif

I'm listening to One from Anaheim right now...I'm a mess.
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
there is a Thin Lizzy song called "Dancing in the Moonlight," it would make more sense if it was their version

That makes a lot of sense

Originally posted by Starr:
Ok guys i am going to Slane 2..any special request....please make them reasonable
biggrin.gif

Um...bring back Larry? Please? You can sedate him first in case he puts up a fight..

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 08-25-2001).]

Yeah! 'Dancing in the Moonlight' is a Thin Lizzy song, indeed. How could I forget that? I'm sure this was a cover...

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

August 25, 2001 / Dublin, Ireland Tour: Elevation - 2nd leg
Venue: Slane Castle
Opening Act(s): Festival lineup includes Relish, JJ72, Kelis, Coldplay, and Red Hot Chili Peppers
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Dancing in the Moonlight, Desire, Staring at the Sun, Bad / Yellow / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, The Fly
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, With or Without You, One (setlist in progress - full set to follow concert.)

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Dancing in the Moonlight, Desire, Staring at the Sun, Bad / Yellow / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, The Fly
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, With or Without You, One (setlist in progress - full set to follow concert.)

------------------

Originally posted by Popmartijn:

Popmartijn: You must be too excited, because someone already answered this.
biggrin.gif

You people are making me feel old. I've NEVER heard of this "cover" - however, the original is ULTRA famous and you should all be ashamed for not knowing it.
wink.gif
I guess only us old fogies know that the original was by Van Morrison - a fellow Irishman, of course.

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Um...bring back Larry? Please? You canm sedatye him firts in case he puts up a fight..

LOL@bringing back larry!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

An image of Bob Hewson is projected on the screens during 'One'.

------------------

Originally posted by Popmartijn:

Go to http://www.toploader.com and then the music section. They have sounds there.

Marty

MARTY thanks...thats the song i am thinking about it...but iknow the orignal song..i thought it was by Van Morrison but it's not..just checked it out...I know the damn song from heart this is gonna kill me if i cannot remember the artist

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

ONE LOVE

ONE BLOOD

ONE LIFE

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

Originally posted by doctorwho:
biggrin.gif

[/b[

NO I'M NOT!!!

This forum just goes too darn fast. I can't keep up with it.

I'm out o f b r e a t h ....

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

FYI: The Toploader "Dancing in the Moonlight" was "a cover of the 1973 smash hit by Canadian band King Harvest" according to CDnow.

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 08-25-2001).]

Walk On/Hallelujah

WHat else...doesnt say its over yet!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by bonoman (edited 08-25-2001).]

August 25, 2001 / Dublin, Ireland Tour: Elevation - 2nd leg
Venue: Slane Castle
Opening Act(s): Festival lineup includes Relish, JJ72, Kelis, Coldplay, and Red Hot Chili Peppers
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Dancing in the Moonlight, Desire, Staring at the Sun, Bad / Yellow / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, With or Without You, One, Walk On (setlist in progress - full set to follow concert.)

Originally posted by doctorwho:
biggrin.gif

You people are making me feel old. I've NEVER heard of this "cover" - however, the original is ULTRA famous and you should all be ashamed for not knowing it.
wink.gif
I guess only us old fogies know that the original was by Van Morrison - a fellow Irishman, of course.

It was by Van Morrison...DAMN it they had me second guessing myself....TY TY DR

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

Back
Top Bottom