Slane Reports, Post here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Dancing in the Moonlight, Desire, Staring at the Sun, Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by Starr:
Here is the what it looks like from high in the sky ....
_1508391_slane300.jpg

And some freaks were telling us , that stadium-LIFEtime for U2 is over
biggrin.gif

I cannot believe i am gonna be there next week...I was gonna make sign since it being filmed but it looks like there is NO way i am gonna get even close to the stage....The stage looks very small considering all the people their....

I am a bit nervous now...YIKES

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

well the stage is 80by100ft so small no...to 80000 ppl maybe!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Mysterious Ways

------------------
I am Colorblind,
coffee black and egg white, Pull me out from inside, I am ready, I am ready, I am ready I am

it's alright
it's alright
it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalright

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

she moves in mysterious ways....

------------------

Everybody having a good time, except us, we were taking of a boot of the show
biggrin.gif

Damn I wish I had bloody went now Oh well this is the next best place I reckon
smile.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Ok guys i am going to Slane 2..any special request....please make them reasonable
biggrin.gif

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

Is there any reason why the setlist isn't being updated or doesn't state its still in progress...they can't have finished the show after Mysterious Ways..

i dunno.. maybe they went off and they're gonna come back on for an encore.

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Kite, A Sort of Homecoming, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck in a Moment, In A Little While, Dancing in the Moonlight, Desire, Staring at the Sun,, Bad / Yellow / 40, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, The Fly
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky (setlist in progress - full set to follow concert.)

------------------

The Fly
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky (setlist in progress - full set to follow concert.)

Hello,

Just got this from YouTwo:
At least seven people have been arrested at today's U2 gig at Slane Castle. Charges range from public order offences to larceny. There have also been more than 90 drug seizures.

Despite the arrests, Gardaí have reported a relatively quiet day. Speaking to RTÉ News, Chief Superintendent Mick Finnegan said that from a Garda point of view it is a very good operation. He added that they are an excellently behaved crowd.

Off course we are well behaved, every REAL U2 fan is well behaved!
biggrin.gif

Marty (who does not want to start THAT debate again)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

hmmmm they played yellow??

cool...what about dancing in the moonlight!

------------------

you think theyll do something radical for the encore...it has been preety much same setlist...do they sing whiskey or maybe fields of athenrye. or maybe dirty old town!!!

------------------

Sorry, DITM is indeed a song covered recently by an English band called Toploader, however, I wish I knew the name of the original artist who wrote it but the name evades me...

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 08-25-2001).]

I wanna say "Dancing in the moon" is a cover from Van Morrison....

Yellow (snip) is from Coldplay....

------------------
Starr*

never mind.. double post. good lord the forum is slow right now... i wonder what could the reason be?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 08-25-2001).]

Originally posted by SkeeK:
alright i'm out of it.. what is dancing in moonlight?

That song was a hit last year by Toploader. They'd covered it but I don't know who had the original (it was mid-Seventies IIRC).

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

What about a Thin Lizzy cover for the 2nd encore?

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

Back
Top Bottom