Slane or ZOO TV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelazar

The Fly
The Slane Castle DVD was my favorite DVD ever. But I bought the ZOO TV DVD, and I think that ZOO TV barely beats, barely. I prefer the way that Slane is shot, the cameras in the crowd are just awesome. You really feel like you're there at the concert. But ZOO TV is just so unfair to compare anything to. Its easily the best live performance from any artist or band ever. The ideas are just ridiculous. Zoo Station gives me the chills everytime. And Bono is such a show stealer. Although Edge is really groovy in his motions, he's donig lots of shoulder thrusts, etc.

Zoo TV for me, but just barely.

Slane , feels like Home. Love 'All i want is you ' and 'Until the end of the world.

I just watch the DVD sometimes for the Intro lol.

All I Want Is You is absolute gold. When Bono transfers from AIWIY to Streets, he sounds like Jesus.

OMG, I was just thinking about this.

Slane definitely. Slane.
Umm, Zoo TV beats other concerts for sure. But compared to Slane, umm ...... definitely Slane :wink: :scream: :banghead: :combust:

Much as I like the atmosphere of Slane, Zoo TV will probably end up being the ultimate U2 DVD.

Zoo by a mile :drool: it was my fav concert i've EVER been to!!!! :combust: :faint:

I absolutely adore it :dance: :bow: :applaud: :rockon: :heart:

joelazar said:
All I Want Is You is absolute gold. When Bono transfers from AIWIY to Streets, he sounds like Jesus.

One of my best DVD moments.

Its tough to decide which One is better. All the lighters on Zoo are amazing.

joelazar - i went to 2 Glasgow, Scotland shows, 1st was indoors at the SECC&the 2nd was the huge outdoor one at Celtic park!

joelazar said:
Its tough to decide which One is better. All the lighters on Zoo are amazing.

The prob is , Slane's One is a joke , there was some prob at least with the PCM sound with edge's guitar , the sound is half of what should be

Besides , Zootv's One is Edge using a Gibson ES , needless to say how good he sounds , and the way the songs sounds right Though the Popmart version beats both ..... as I would rank

U2girl said:
Much as I like the atmosphere of Slane, Zoo TV will probably end up being the ultimate U2 DVD.

Until Popmart or Milan comes out

After ........ it's gonna be pretty tough , specially if they do put some good releases of these 2

Last edited:
joelazar said:

I've never been able 2 decide on whether this transition or the Boston Bad->40->Streets Transition is better. I don't care if I never do, either.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom