Slane DVD or Video w/ Last Prop??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ONElife

Babyface
Ok this may be a stretch, but i was thinking... wasn't one or both of the Slane shows taped in such a way as to make one think a video was going to be released? I remember hearing something about a whole bunch of cameras being present for one of the shows. At this point nothing has been mentioned about what will happen with that. With the Elevation tour at a pretty certain end, one would think they would have mentioned a release date for this greatest of tour souvenirs?? Unless they had special plans for it elsewhere.
So, if the next Prop issue is to be the last, and they are preparing some huge goin-away final issue, might they not include a little something for the subscribers? What about the people complaining about shellin out $20 for one issue? What would possibly satisfy them? That's right: and exclusive DVD release of U2 at Slane! Not to be released anywhere else in the world, available only to those who are current subscribers (hence no new subscriptions being taken). I bet that not one single person would even think about arguing about not gettin 4 magazines if they got this one item. A long shot? possibly, but it makes sense if you think about it.

I'll take whatever goodie they care to offer. If none, I'll live but I'll whine.
biggrin.gif

That would be cool, but dont hold your breath. I think an audio CD of Slane would be cool and would be much more likely than a DVD. "IF" they do even include a CD with the last issue my guess would be an audio CD version of the Boston DVD, kind of like the Popmart Live CD was with the Popmart video. The only way that would be cool IMO would be if they included some of the songs that were left off the DVD. But that would be doubdtful also.

My guess is that nothing extra will be included but the issue itself will be much larger than normal.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-14-2002).]

unless A LOT of money and effort were put into the production of this slane dvd, the quality of the show, both audio and video, would probably be along the lines of the "inside-the-heart-cam" or easter egg "bono-cam" from the boston dvd, which was not that great...

------------------
"and though i can't say why, i know i've got to believe"

No, actually it would probebly more along the lines of the webcast Notre Dame video which is pretty good. Except it would be even better as they did have special lighting and extra cameras at Slane 2. The Bono cam was done at the 6-9-01 Boston show, that is why the lighting is not as good during Until the end of the World. Plus it is a camera that fits in his glasses, obviously the quality will be less as a result of it being so small. The heart cam is a hand held audience camera, so it wouldnt be anything like that either.

It wont happen anyway, but if it did I think you are way off as to what it would look like even with minimal re-mastering or production done to it.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-15-2002).]

Originally posted by Blue Room:
My guess is that nothing extra will be included but the issue itself will be much larger than normal.

oh goodie. even MORE miniscule print to squint over!!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Since it's been almost a year since I received my last (and only) Prop issue, I'd be damn surprised just to see the issue itself appear.

Give me a double-sized issue and throw in a live cd and I'll say the 2 issues I received from Propaganda are worth the 4 I paid for.

Then again, they did give me wonderful seats for the Elevation Tour. Something they didn't have to do.

I guess the reality is that we'll have to wait and see what is "officially" said by Propaganda. I'd still take one issue a year over none. But hey, nobody is asking me.

[This message has been edited by Roland of Gilead (edited 03-15-2002).]

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Although, as a new Canadian Subscriber, I shelled out $65 for one issue!! They better include something good
biggrin.gif

huh?
i thought i had paid $24usd. this summer, i haven't gotten an issue either yet(obviously) but how did you end up paying $65?

Originally posted by kobayashi:
huh?
i thought i had paid $24usd. this summer, i haven't gotten an issue either yet(obviously) but how did you end up paying $65?

That was the price for a guaranteed 4 magazines once you did the american/canadian exchange, plus any service charges!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

I paid $24US, and converted to Canadian, my credit card bill came to less than $40.

Back
Top Bottom