Slane Castle or Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The music, the fan reactions, and the light show triumph on Slane.
This isn't even close, folks.

The only thing Boston has goibg for it is I Will Follow, but that is cancelled out by a long shitty interlude, just as Out of Control is on Slane.

Plus, absolutley nothing beats Mysterious Ways from Slane with Eve on stage. The looks on the faces of the audience during close-ups - amazing. The only downside to Slane is the second half of the concert where Bono is shot to look like a fish behind the microphone.

Gah, you know not of what you speak. Of course the fans on Slane are better - they're in Ireland - but The Fly Boston owns anything from Slane anyway. I think. Except Angel of Harlem and Kite. I suppose.

Actually, this is a silly argument, I love both and actually if you pushed me I might say screw them both and pick R&H. :D

Ok, since I can't have a Poll, since I'm not a premium member, I will have to do the polls ..

Slane-11
Boston-6

U2democrat said:
Both have their moments...I love Bad, New York, The Fly, Gone from Boston, but I also love Streets, All Because of You, Out of Control, and others from Slane.

That must've been on the limited edition Slane DVD right? the one with special features that allow us to take a look into the future? :laugh:

For me I pick the Slane dvd. Boston is great but the show seems to sputter at times. Slane is hgh energy the entire time even durirngt eh slwo momenst and plus I hink the transition from AIWIS to Streets is better than the transiition from Bad to Streets.

JCOSTER said:
IMO:

I actually like both alot, but this is what I like about each one.

Slane:
All I Want Is You into Where the Streets Have No Name.
Electric Co.
Boston:
The Fly
New York (I like it better live than on cd)
Gone
Sunday Bloody Sunday (I love the way he gets ready to sing it)

and why did someone like spit at him or throw something at him?):huh:

so my answer: Boston.
I have even said I would love to go see a show in Boston.

:laugh: that must've been on the rare limited edition as well. you know that one with glimpses of the future or past performances.

I pick Slane because it is at least complete. If Boston was complete then it might well eclipse Slane but I can't vote for something that is missing as many songs as Boston. I don't fathom how it is possible to release a double DVD set and still cut out songs!

Slane clearly has a more spontaneous feel and of course amazing atmposphere of the home crowd, Boston has by far the better setlist.
I also think Boston is a better representation of the tour as most shows were in arenas.

U2girl said:
Boston has by far the better setlist.
I disagree with that.

Slane:
One
All I Want is You
Starring at the Sun
Angel of Harlem
Out of Control
Pride(In the name of Love)

Boston:
I Will Follow
Gone
New York
Stay(Far Away so Close)
In a Little While
Bad

I think Pride and I Will Follow cancell each other out. Gone doesn't fit for me even though I love it, so really that leaves Bad because the performances of AIWIY, Out of Control, Angel of Harlem and Starring at the Sun and One trump the Boston songs except for Bad. Plus the overall set of Slane seems to flow much better. Of course that's just my opinion.

I think the Slaen set is much better overall.

Atmosphere: Slane

Songs: Boston

The 40-Streets-sequence is divine. I also like Elevation, The Fly, Bullet, SBS, I will follow.

Boston.

But Sydney will blow them both out of the water. But then again, the question was Slane or Boston, so Boston again...

Slane. As many have said, the atmosphere, the crowd, it makes for an incredible, magical feeling.

Hallucination said:

That must've been on the limited edition Slane DVD right? the one with special features that allow us to take a look into the future? :laugh:

For me I pick the Slane dvd. Boston is great but the show seems to sputter at times. Slane is hgh energy the entire time even durirngt eh slwo momenst and plus I hink the transition from AIWIS to Streets is better than the transiition from Bad to Streets.

Whoops!!!!!! :lol:

Yeeeeeah I meant All I want Is You, I get those titles mixed up sometimes :reject:

I think a huge difference between both is that in Boston Bono is really in a zone and with Slane hes is in a zone but not quite to the extent of Boston. As he begins SBS you can tell hes gone!!!

Hard to pick-

Boston maybe wins by a nose for it's amazing UTEOTW and Bad/Streets.

However Slane has Out of Control and AIWIY.

Slane is so much better. Boston has a better setlist. Bad, Gone, New York, Stay, The Fly and IALW are awesome. but everythig else about Slane is better. Every song that the two concerts have in common was performed better on Slane. Slane has my favorite performances EVER of Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, Out of Control, Kite, Angel of Harlem, AIWIY, Streets, SBS and Mysterious Ways. The rest of the songs aren't too shabby either.

Not to mention the overall more relaxed and emotional feeling of Slane. I also hate the fact that we aren't missing a bunch of songs from Slane.

Slane is superior.

Back
Top Bottom