Slane broadcast - but just ELEVATION...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tincek01

The Fly
Yesterday there was indded a dream come true. Slovenian TV broadcasted ELEVATION from Slane, Avgust 25th 2001. There was just this song and they didn't show the whole concert. But it was EXCITING, because i wqas there !!!! Got it on tape, will try to post it somewhere...

oh cool, a chance i maybe on there too...aparently i was on the big screen so u never know!
smile.gif

BM

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

[This message has been edited by bono_man (edited 10-14-2001).]

Originally posted by tincek01:
Yesterday there was indded a dream come true. Slovenian TV broadcasted ELEVATION from Slane, Avgust 25th 2001. There was just this song and they didn't show the whole concert. But it was EXCITING, because i wqas there !!!! Got it on tape, will try to post it somewhere...

woo hoo!
see? i thought they will broadcast the "new" Slane and not the 1980 Slane show.
i got in on tape too.
smile.gif

were you in the heart?

by the way: did you tape the documentary on Irish music too?
did you see that Rattle and Hum version of Running to stand still? or Pride? amazing...

To u2Girl : I was just outside the heart ( 2nd barrier )

I will contact people from Universal Slovenia if there is some more footage...

Tincek

Originally posted by tincek01:
To u2Girl : I was just outside the heart ( 2nd barrier )

I will contact people from Universal Slovenia if there is some more footage...

Tincek

i think there will be more, since they said:
"announcing: U2 on Saturday night" (that's the name of the programme).

wow, tincek, you were at slane? i only managed to went to Munich (which was great, of course
smile.gif
i watched 'sobotna noc' yesterday as well. the programme about irish rock music was nice. a bit out of date, though.

I was a little on the left from the stage...
Great show, I hope there will be more footage.

WOW, cool! How did it look on the TV? I was just at the other side of the second barrier, i.e. the crushzone!
But did it look as crazy on the TV? Aww, I miss Slane! Listening to the bootleg most days, sweeeeet!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
WOW, cool! How did it look on the TV? I was just at the other side of the second barrier, i.e. the crushzone!
But did it look as crazy on the TV? Aww, I miss Slane! Listening to the bootleg most days, sweeeeet!

well, Bono crossed himself, and said something gaelic (i think) before they started, then (from what i saw) everyone went crazy when Elevation started!
not just in the heart, it was amazing to see so many people jumping around!

ps: thanks for the picture, tincek.
smile.gif

at first i thought you were going to post a picture of you, and when it started showing i thought Bono was lying on stage.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-14-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
well, Bono crossed himself, and said something gaelic (i think) before they started, then (from what i saw) everyone went crazy when Elevation started!
not just in the heart, it was amazing to see so many people jumping around!

biggrin.gif
Thanks U2girl, and believe me I doubt the people in the Heart were going as crazy as the people around me, it was MENTAL!

And I think Bono screams "SING IT WILL YAAAAA!!!!" after blessing himself. Although my gaeilge was never very good
tongue.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
biggrin.gif
Thanks U2girl, and believe me I doubt the people in the Heart were going as crazy as the people around me, it was MENTAL!

I was in the heart on Edge's side...it was quite relaxed towards the back of it until Bono came along and we were crushed! We were at the front of it a few nights before in London and it went mental a fair few times.
smile.gif
I would have loved to have been out there actually for a while to see how it was....

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
I was in the heart on Edge's side...it was quite relaxed towards the back of it until Bono came along and we were crushed! We were at the front of it a few nights before in London and it went mental a fair few times.
smile.gif
I would have loved to have been out there actually for a while to see how it was....

I was in London in the front too, it was NOTHING compared to Slane1! Crazy crazy crazy time, and nah, I think you were definitely better off where you were
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom