Slane 2001 Video.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henke_149

Babyface
Just checked YouTwo.net and it contains an article about a possible Slane Video in post production.Anyone heard anything else about this as it sounds like the best bit of u2 news ive heard in a while.

Cheers.
Henke.

eek.gif
I really hope so.

*crosses everything*

that's a nice great bit of news henke thanks. I hope it's happens. No mater how much I wanted to be I couldn't be there, so this would well and truly be the next best thing

That would be amazing. boston show was great but they cut out too many classic songs. i just cant imagine a U2 concert video with out at least "One". i heard they also cut our new years day, and pride. so here is hoping that they come out with Slane!!!!

Just a guess, but I think songs may be cut from this one as well. I hope not, but it does seem to be the trend.

I think it will be Slane 2 as they had extra cameras and lighting for filming that night. It is odd though for a release of a concert from the same tour. Seems like a long shot but someone did mention something about Propaganda issuing something with their final issue. I doubdt it is this, but that would be super cool.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
slane_05_johnstarks.jpg

I have almost that exact pic from Slane1! Could it be that we were standing right next to eachother?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
I have almost that exact pic from Slane1! Could it be that we were standing right next to eachother?

oh no! I wasn't at Slane!!
frown.gif

I just find all the pictures.
smile.gif
it was taken by someone named John Starks.

here's another cool one!

slane_crowd.jpg

this one's rad too, even though it uploaded w/ a glitch..
slane_01_johnstark.jpg

------------------
You say that the river finds the way to the sea...
...and like the river you shall come to me

U2 Take Me Higher
Mr. Macphisto's Mansion

YES!!!!! YES!!!!

And IF this shit is true, then I insist, bloody insist, that everyone here gets a freebie Slane video, cause we work our bollocks off worshippin U2 everyday, and its hard work, so lets have U2 officials send one to each and every one of us, otherwise, black eyes all round, ya hear?

P1010052.JPG

Not to rain on anyones parade, but, I just went to the actual Dreamchaser website. It is pretty nice, but I noticed one small thing. I was looking up the comments about a Pearl Jam/Neil young concert they filmed in 1996. The closing line was that it "was currently in post production." This is 6 years later and it still hasn't seen the light of day. Based on that, I am guessing that the post production terminology is likely used very loosely. Sorry. Here's hoping that I am wrong!.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by pop_mofo:
Not to rain on anyones parade, but, I just went to the actual Dreamchaser website. It is pretty nice, but I noticed one small thing. I was looking up the comments about a Pearl Jam/Neil young concert they filmed in 1996. The closing line was that it "was currently in post production." This is 6 years later and it still hasn't seen the light of day. Based on that, I am guessing that the post production terminology is likely used very loosely. Sorry. Here's hoping that I am wrong!.

Peace.

Damn you and your clever detective work.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by broshere:
That would be amazing. boston show was great but they cut out too many classic songs. i just cant imagine a U2 concert video with out at least "One". i heard they also cut our new years day, and pride. so here is hoping that they come out with Slane!!!!

The boston DVD is missing Mysterious Ways, Pride, and One, which is rather strange since they are the songs U2 is very well known for. They didn't cut NYD as it wasn't played that night.

It would be very awesome to have Slane on video, and more amazing on DVD which is usually a foregone conclusion if a DVD's coming out. I'M STOKED! But I shouldn't get too optimistic.

slane_crowd.jpg

what can i say...wow, so many memories!

------------------

You Can read about it on a German U2 site >>

"There are no plans to release the Slane 2001 video, altough we have filmed the second night. The best info on this will be found on the u2.com web site." Dreamchaser stated in an email... Sorry...

oh no! I wasn't at Slane!!
frown.gif

I just find all the pictures.
smile.gif
it was taken by someone named John Starks.

I know him! He's from Finland? Sweden? and was part of our group! But I didn't get into the heart
frown.gif

Originally posted by Angel:
I know him! He's from Finland? Sweden? and was part of our group! But I didn't get into the heart
frown.gif

ooh cool! I just happened to find his pictures on the web- i'm not sure who he is. too bad about the heart- must have been sooo many people there!

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher

frown.gif

I did!
biggrin.gif

------------------

yea i didnt look at the set list from that night so they must have played mysterious ways after until the end of the world.
i hope and pray that they do bring this out.

Angel!!!!!!

Just wanna say hi to you! Hope you are well....Im ok, just came back from my Easter break! Im overloaded with chocolates! lol!
biggrin.gif

Oh man This topic about Slane brings back so many lovely memories! I still remember the pubs and meeting people like you and of course the gig too! It was an amazing weekend.

And yes John Stark is from Finland not Sweden. I chatted to him briefly the other day in a chat room, hes doing fine.

Slainte!

Dougal

frown.gif

Hey all,
just wanted to drop you a line. A friend of mine told me about this thread, and I just wanted to reply. I don't hang out here at Interference that much, so I need to ask what's your real name, Angel, since I should probably know you... And as Dougal55 wrote, I'm from Finland. I was inside the heart, and I went to Slane the day before the concert and slept outside, just like many others, and managed to get awesome places - me and my friend were in the front of the stage in the middle - the best places IMHO.

Doug, for some reason the chat room at Zootopia doesn't seem to work for me. I have no idea why, but I'm really pissed off at it. Hope that it will work properly soon.

Back
Top Bottom