Singles/Albums - I love it... but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
I'm not a fan who's bying only albums... I also like to have all singles, I'm not a "mad" collector, I don't need to have everything, I don't need UK, Australian or Japan imports, I'm happy with things released only in my area of the world.
...so...
Achtung Baby - 5 songs -> 6 CD singles
(I have nothing from Zooropa :( )
POP - 6 songs -> 10 CD singles
Best Of 80-90 - 1 song -> 2 CD singles
ATYCLB - 4 songs -> 9 CD/DVD singles
Best Of 90-00 - 1 song -> 3 CD/DVD singles
HTDAAB - 3 songs (so far) -> 11 CD/DVD singles (so far):ohmy:

...now, I'm really not complaining, this is not another negative thread, I like to collect the singles no matter what's on them.
I just have a question for you, don't you think it's strange that they're releasing more and more CDs and DVD singles in the times when so few people are interested in them?
What's the point? Charts? Care for fans? Money? :huh:

Promotion, maybe? To keep the album bubbling under and while they're on tour to remind everyone else they still exist?

Lol, maybe.

At least over here singles don't really earn in the same region as albums do. I haven't got any u2 singles because I can't afford them, lol, and I have all the albums, but I'm always looking for b-sides.

Singles have always been an integral part of the UK music scene, although more recently their viability is being questioned because of changes in technology.

Sometimes though I'm surprised at how many singles U2 put out from each album

(I'm not complaining, but sometimes it's obvious that some songs won't become big hits)

Back
Top Bottom