single thread to talk about the shoe as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looked like Larry took off his shirt at the end there - I'm sure we'll see a zillion posts in PLEBA about that.
wink.gif

As for the "U.S.A." chants, while it sounds silly to us at home - we aren't there. We didn't feel that energy and pride of seeing those true heroes walk across the heart and stage. I think if some of you were there, you might have been caught up in that chant as well. Plus, remember, South Bend is in the heart of America.
wink.gif

P.S. Little known fact... The University of Notre Dame is NOT in South Bend, IN. It is actually in a town called Notre Dame, IN. It not only has its own zip code, but FD and post office as well.

Yeah, it just seemed kind of crude during a touching moment...
But you may be right Dr.Who

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 10-10-2001).]

So. Was that not perhaps the most important show they've done so far on this tour? I would argue more important than returning to Slane after 20 years. What they had to grapple with tonight was justifying "entertainment" in the face of war, which is almost an impossible task, and they did it exactly right.

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

1-BD
2-UTEOTW
3-New year's day
4-When will I see you again(for his dad)/Stuck
5-What's going on
6-New York
7-Pride
8-SBS
9-Kite(dedicated to his children)
10-Angel of Harlem
11-Starring at the sun
12-Bad
13-Streets
14-I still haven't found what I'm looking for
15-WOWY
16-Elevation
17-Mysterious Ways
18-One
19-POE/Walk On

Oh, I wasn't counting POE, I counted When will I see you again. I thought they played just enough to count it, but maybe not... Sorry!

THey also did 'Grace'.

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Grace was recorded, I was hoping it was live.
smile.gif

Oh Ok! My audio was coming and going when that was on!
wink.gif

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by doctorwho:

P.S. Little known fact... The University of Notre Dame is NOT in South Bend, IN. It is actually in a town called Notre Dame, IN. It not only has its own zip code, but FD and post office as well.

Notre Dame, IN is ND. The founders of ND were very smart. The reason they established their own post office was so the government would pay for the roads that led the new post office to the connecting post office in South Bend. ND is VERY close to South Bend. Although, you are right...when sending mail to ND, you say ND, IN.

CK

MS CL '00

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Back
Top Bottom