single thread to talk about the shoe as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This song makes me melt and feel so warm.

This is a song about humanity.

------------------
You give it all but I want more

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I think Bono just made a controversial statement...

but he's right. Laden's terrorism works because he promises people who have nothing more than nothing. It's the same way Hitler, and just about any other fanatic, gets support. Take advantage of people who have nothing. If they have something else to look towards, then they won't have to be as drastic as to follow those people.

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
but he's right. Laden's terrorism works because he promises people who have nothing more than nothing. It's the same way Hitler, and just about any other fanatic, gets support. Take advantage of people who have nothing. If they have something else to look towards, then they won't have to be as drastic as to follow those people.

Spot on.

I agree with Bono. But let's not discuss politics in this thread, please start another one.

------------------

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:

Agreed. What do they have to lose?

In regards to the show, from what I waas actually able to see, it looks great. But I wish Bono would move around a bit more. He seemed somewhat stationary in the front stage area. I think he began to move a bit more as the show moved along though. Overall, I can't wait to see them on the 16th.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Hey, is this live, live or tape delayed kind of thing? It seems kind of late in Boston right now for a concert to be ending.

------------------

Originally posted by trevster2k:
Hey, is this live, live or tape delayed kind of thing? It seems kind of late in Boston right now for a concert to be ending.

Actually Notre Dame is in Indiana, so it's only around 10:40 there right now.

------------------
Change is the only constant

no full version of POE

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Walk on.....

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Thanks Foxxern, my geography is a bit screwed up when it comes to US Colleges. Hey, I'm Canadian and don't follow college football either. OOPs!
smile.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom