Single Best Concert Closer Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It's unanimous for me

"40" at the very end of the Popmart tour (03/21/98 Johannesburg Stadium - Johannesburg, South Africa) was the best. Ever. I heard the video of the show is even better that the audio!

What do you guys think?

from the few show closers ive heard......cant help falling in love from zootv sydney is brilliant....

Only u2 could make an elvis song sound good

I adore 40 as a closer ... 5 February 1985, Bologna is just amazing.

discothequeLP said:
It's unanimous for me

"40" at the very end of the Popmart tour (03/21/98 Johannesburg Stadium - Johannesburg, South Africa) was the best. Ever. I heard the video of the show is even better that the audio!

What do you guys think?

How can it be unanimous for you? You have multiple personalities?

I have seen the video of that show, it is just Edge on guitar playing the bass riff (which Clayton has never played up to this day leading to the conclusion that he has never learned it yet). It would have had more impact were it full-band.

Just to let you know, that wasn't just a concert closer, it was actually the tour closer --- the last ever Popmart show. That was an incredible tour and 40 was not quite the perfect ending since they didn't customarily use that song to close their Popmart shows so the Johannesburg closer was not quite representative of the Popmart Tour.

I think most people here would prefer the full band version of 40, with the Edge on the bass. I'd say Edge is U2's best bassist too but he is also their best guitarist and his work is needed more on the guitars.

Cheers,

J

I think that Walk On was a good closer........the Halleujah's at the end were uplifting........

discothequeLP said:
It's unanimous for me

What do you guys think?

I hear ya. That performance is great, simple and very touching.

Back
Top Bottom