Since its Valentines day what Love Song are you gonna play for your loved one tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont have a loved one to play a song too.....but will dedicate one to Jimmy Nesbitt!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I don't have one either, but if I had, I would first put on "You're so great" by Blur and then play the "Moon Safari"-Album by Air on repeat.

------------------
Take the money and run

I hate Valentine's Day and think its a pretty stupid holiday. Just me. So I'm going with probably something by the Smiths. If I get really desperate, Marilyn Manson.

Well, my fiance lives too far away for us to see each other today. However, AIWIY is our song, so I might play part of it to him over the phone tonight.

I just emailed the lyrics to him too.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 02-14-2002).]

I'm going to be glued to the telly watching white men jump...aka olympic men's figure skating finals. So no songs for any non-existent honey tonite for moi.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by sharky:
I hate Valentine's Day and think its a pretty stupid holiday. Just me. So I'm going with probably something by the Smiths. If I get really desperate, Marilyn Manson.

I agree, so I guess I'll be doing my "I get to go to work tonite" song and dance that I usually do to the kids when I've had a bad day with them. My wife works days and I work nites. I get to go to work tonite, I get to go to work tonite. Has a nice ring to it.

My honey got a jar of honey...orangeblossom,not wild and the Gabrielle "Greatest Hits"CD(just what I wanted!!
biggrin.gif
)I like Track#3 "Because of You"

I have 2 dear friends who were born on Valentine's Day. They got "Ballyntyne for Valentine" (Ballyntyne is an Australian choclolate manufacturer...Macadamia Escape YUM!!

"Do You Feel Loved?" I better feel the love, dammit!

Oh, and good call on the Marvin, Monkey man. I made myself a CD-R titled "Marvin's Most Soulful Hits." I put those 2 songs on there, plus a bunch of others that are equally as good. I better pop that puppy in the CD changer before things get horizontal, if ya know what I mean....

Midnight is when the love begins!

------------------
Midnight is where the day begins....

[This message has been edited by btdavis (edited 02-14-2002).]

Considering my boyfriend and I officially broke up last night, I think I'll play So Cruel, Walk On, One and after I'm all cried out, I'll put in Hole's "Live Through This" cd - talk about an empowering album for women!!!

Originally posted by Don Vito Corleone:
I don't have one either, but if I had, I would first put on "You're so great" by Blur and then play the "Moon Safari"-Album by Air on repeat.

Air is AMAZING!!!

Personally, any U2 song would thrill me. The guy I'm seeing put on U2 last night after spending 5 hours of downloading time (trying to get all my fav songs). I just about melted.

Thanks Ana - just the thought of playing "Strong Enough" by S. Crowe makes me think perhaps this was for the best although it hurts like hell....(somewhat numbed by alcohol!)....

the friend I'm having over for dinner is a huge McCartney fan, so I'll probably hear Singalong Junk (this always was our song) and Maybe I'm Amazed.

Not that there will be any romance tonight.

Late night sap hitting me:
She's Always A Woman To Me - Billy Joel
In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning - Sinatra (how true this song is...)
One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) - Sinatra
In My Life - Beatles

and for good times/memories:
Wonderful Tonight - Clapton
The Way You Look Tonight - Sinatra
Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel

Originally posted by Don Vito Corleone:
I don't have one either, but if I had, I would first put on "You're so great" by Blur

That is so weird. I was going to mention that one. The funny thing about that song is that it is one of the very best love songs ever and it is yet quite obscure as it wasn't released as a single. It was also deliberately poorly recorded. Although Blur's eponymous album became their most successful it would have done even better if You're So Great had been released as a single. It would have had the same effect as Song 2 in helping Blur became international super stars and cracking the American market.

Back
Top Bottom