Simpsons' NYC/twin towers episode-to be banned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaPuff

War Child
With all this crazy talk of 'banning' songs and movies because they reminded some censor of the NYC tragedy, I wonder if The Simpsons' NYC episode will be next. Does anybody remember it, where Homer's car got locked up with a wheel club and he had to wait all day for the cops? He had to use the bathroom, went up in first twin tower and I think the bathroom was broken, went down, went all the way up into the second one and couldn't use it either? Weren't there people running a clothesline between the towers and saying things like 'they always put all the a-holes in tower 2? I'm sure someone will think the comedy in this is now not funny and stop showing it, maybe forever. I personally think those songs have nothing to do with what happened and should not have their meanings twisted. Any movie, show or pic of the twin towers should be preserved as a part of history and memory, not banned. What does everybody else think?

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

*lmao remembering that episode*

God, I love The Simpsons!!!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Thank you! You can't rewrite history and ignore things that happened. It's like the story comparing a tragedy to an elephant in the room, it's there but no one mentions it, might as well talk about it, everyone knows about it. It won't do anyone any good to hide from things past. Keeping their memory alive is like a tribute.

------------------
~some days are better than others~

that is one of the best episodes EVER. there is no need to ban it, just as they did with the songs. that episode is the greatest:

1. kaukalash. "no hotdogs, just kaukalash"

2. mountain dew or crab juice: "eeew. ill take the crab juice"

then later on he has to piss, and theres only ONE pisser in both buildings, lol.

brilliant show, of the best ones ever, for me personaly.

------------------
-death bear

It's getting ridiculous. Now Microsoft is said to be working on a software patch for existing versions of Flight Simulator that will remove the World Trade Center from the NYC landscape. I think Microsoft's time and energy might be better well spent fixing bugs and patching up security holes in their other products that hackers use to exploit and launch new viruses and worms.

eek.gif
That is totally SICK!! I can't believe it! That's more than extreme!

------------------
~some days are better than others~

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-18-2001).]

Originally posted by Cow of the Seas:
that is one of the best episodes EVER. there is no need to ban it, just as they did with the songs. that episode is the greatest:

1. kaukalash. "no hotdogs, just kaukalash"

2. mountain dew or crab juice: "eeew. ill take the crab juice"

then later on he has to piss, and theres only ONE pisser in both buildings, lol.

brilliant show, of the best ones ever, for me personaly.

Uh huh! Hehe, twas a great episode!
biggrin.gif

No way should they ban it!
eek.gif
That's stupid! So, they gonna ban all the films that featured them? I doubt it.

I seem to recall Barney borrowed the car..duff?That classic, "Trash of the Titans" was rerun on Aussie TV last week
smile.gif

It's another one of those fine line things, freedom of expression and censorship. I don't perceive The Simpsons as a threat to anyone. Now Father Ted? that's a different story. I do think it would be possible to die laughing watching that.

Great episode!! Homer is my hero.

"When I was 17 I drank some very good beer..."

Shit, can't remember the rest of the song.

D'oh!

------------------
outta my brain on the 5:15

I also expect that episode 3F08, "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming", will not be shown for some time, because it ends with Sideshow Bob trying to kill Krusty by flying the Wright brothers' plane into his cabin.

Originally posted by cass:
Now Father Ted? that's a different story. I do think it would be possible to die laughing watching that.

biggrin.gif
Too right!
smile.gif
Sure, didn't the Americans put it off the air? Ah, Father Ted is the greatest! You always talk sense cass!
smile.gif

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Great episode!! Homer is my hero.

"When I was 17 I drank some very good beer..."

Shit, can't remember the rest of the song.

D'oh!

I drank some very good beer that I bought with a fake ID
My name was Brian McKeen
I stayed up all night listening to Queen
When I was 17...

LOL, yeah, that was a good one too. But the NYC episode was great too, and I can't believe they're banning it. But I understand why. They probably don't want to mix humor and the WTC, at least not this soon, and possibly not ever. I mean, can you imagine a comedy taking place at Pearl Harbor, or Antietam, or Hiroshima? Of course not.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Squid:
I also expect that episode 3F08, "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming", will not be shown for some time, because it ends with Sideshow Bob trying to kill Krusty by flying the Wright brothers' plane into his cabin.

Also the episode where Krusty fakes his own death by flying his plane into the side of a mountain kamikaze-style. And the episode where Marge has a fear of flying (Homer "endangers lives", plane crashes into river at end). How about the "Y2K terror" episode that has planes falling out of the sky when the year 2000 arrives? I'm not sure where to draw the line anymore.

------------------
Change is the only constant

In my area, season 6 episodes are regularly showing, so the "Fear of Flying" episode was on a couple weeks ago. It's a shame if they take it away, it had some great lines.

----------------

"They got this thing called a "fire drill". They use it to drill a flaming hole in your head."

"And there's only one big toilet, and they make you all go at the same time."

----------------

Girl: [seeing Marge's lunch pail] Ew! You like the Monkees? You _know_ they don't write their own songs.
Marge: They do so!
Girl: They don't even play their own instruments.
Marge: No...no!
Girl: That's not even Michael Nesmith's real hat.
Marge: Aah!

----------------

Robo-Lisa: Danger. Danger. My hook are flailing wildly.
(This one doesn't really make since if you haven't seen the episode)

----------------

Marge: Thank you, doctor. Whenever the wind whistles through the leaves, I'll think, "Lowenstein", "Lowenstein".
Pyscologist: My name is Zweig.
Marge: [whispering] Lowenstein...

----------------

Those quotes were taken from www.snpp.com (Great site!)

Let's see...in the Tomacco episode, the Laramie Company's chopper crashes.

In the Stonecutters episode, a chopper crashes into a building that the Stonecutters had just painted a beautiful sky blue.

Any more episodes that need to be banned?

Another great scene from that episode is when Homer gets chased by the Pimp! LOL Complete with ragtime music, it's a great moment.

VIVA LOS SIMPSONS!

Aw, Stonecutter's was a great episode!
"Why won't those stupid idiots let me join their crappy club for jerks?!"
and
Homer: "What do they do? What don't they do?! Oh, they do so many things...they never stop...oh, the things they do there! My stars.
Lisa: You don't know what they do there, do you?
Homer: Not as such, no.
I even put a quote in my sig...

------------------
Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh,
doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh,
doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh,
doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh, doh.
(Homer falling down the canyon)

(_8(|)

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Ahhh stonecutters...

who keep the metric system down? We do, We do....

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Originally posted by Foxxern:
I drank some very good beer that I bought with a fake ID
My name was Brian McKeen
I stayed up all night listening to Queen
When I was 17...

*lmao* I have that sound saved on my computer...used to be my start up sound.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I certainly hope it doesn't come to banning Simpson's episodes, humor is something we all need a little bit of right now.
Last Thurs when I went to the Mellencamp concert, the crowd kept chanting "USA USA USA..." and all I could think of was Homer watching the 1984 Olympics with his KrustyBurger game pieces in hand, winning Krustyburger after Krustyburger, cheering on the US and it made me smile.

I heard that TV shows that show the NYC skyline will block out the towers on their credits footage. This is going too far.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

That episode rocks! I'm getting tired of everyone trying to "rewrite history."

Anyway...DOH!!

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Back
Top Bottom