Simple choice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Lets assume the Vertigo tour is done and dusted. what next for u2...would you rather see em put all their effort into producing a superb album but maybe take a bit longer than normal and foresake a tour, or another (by their standards) average effort and a tour? While there are few things to rival a live u2 experience, i think I would love to see em produce a killer album.

Thats called having your cake AND eating it!
The whole point of the question is, which is more important to my fellow u2ers?

I'll have the cake. I'll eat it when U2 have made their second cake.

They can produce a killer album and have a superb tour to boot. It will be called the "You can have your cake and eat it too" tour.

I guess I'd go for a killer album because anybody can get maximum enjoyment out of a killer album whereas a killer tour is never quite the same unless you're actually there.

I'd take the killer album, but who says it would be a better album just because they spend more time working on it?

an album and a tour similar to Vertigo, as long as im smart enough to get GA seats and get in line during the wee hours of the morning (i was a U2 newbie when vertigo rolled around here, and my seats sucked horribly)

anyways...i'd take a super freakin good album, and just a great tour (as opposed to an EXCELLENT tour)

david said:
They can produce a killer album and have a superb tour to boot. It will be called the "You can have your cake and eat it too" tour.

And it shall be called YCHYCAEIT.....or yucky for short....:wink:

beachball said:
I'd take the killer album, but who says it would be a better album just because they spend more time working on it?
I agree. The longer they spend on it, the more likely they are to pick it apart and spit out another over-polished album.

But anyway, I'd rather have a great album than an average album and tour.

AtomicBono said:

:lmao:

yeah, I'd rather U2 quit and become chefs.

:whistle:

bandchefs.jpg

They certainly look good in the outfits :wink:

Tour, actually. I have faith that they really could make a knockout record in record time.

Mostly, I just want to see how fast they can record. :wink:

And besides, as we've all learned; time in the studio does not necessarily spawn brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom