Silver and Gold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which version of Silver and Gold is your favorite?

• Bono solo on Sun City

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • B-Sides studio version

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Rattle and Hum live version

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Which version of Silver and Gold do you like best? I know, they all have a certain wonderfulness that makes each of them unique, but which one is your personal preference? Let's keep it to these three; no bootleg versions. That way, all of us have heard all three versions and can make a fair comparison.

Don't really care for the Sun City version much, the b-side version is good... but it's got nothing on the live version

i said version too much there, i think i might develop an aversion to the word.

Although I am not a particularly big fan of any of the versions of this song, I'd have to say I believe the R&H version to be the best.

wertsie said:
Don't think I've heard the Sun City version yet...the b-side version is okay, but I prefer the R&H version.

I remember uploading it to Sicy's FTP server a while back, so dig around there.

Me, I think the U2 studio version was best. Bono recorded a fantastic vocal, alternating between whispered baritones and sharp yipes, and I dig the false ending.

pinkfloyd said:
Version from Rattle And Hum , i like " Ok Edge play the blues !! "

Yeah, that's cool.

I haven't heard the Sun City version, just the "Rattle and Hum" live version and the studio version. I like both of them.

But I think I'd have to agree and say the live version of the song from "Rattle and Hum". Anytime I hear the live versions of songs from the "Rattle and Hum" movie, it makes me think of the performances from the movie, and that makes the songs more enjoyable (it happens with studio versions, too, however...I've gotten to liking "Bullet The Blue Sky" more and more after seeing the live performance from R&H. Same goes with "Sunday Bloody Sunday").

Angela

Well, I know that Bono prefers the Studio version (he said so in an interview). :)

I haven't heard the Sun City one, but of the other two, I prefer the song live.

Can I just confess that I love to sing along with this song? Sometimes I'll even throw in a little air guitar! :eek:

Cowgirl is exactly right, TOTAL EDGASM! :yes:

hey ive heard the version of bono with keith richards i think thats on the suncity album (dont know for sure) and ive heard the live R&H version. but i never knew there was a studio version. where can i find it?. btw i think of the above two the R&H version rocks

Is the Sun City version the one with Bono singing and Ron Wood and Keith Richards is backing him up? If so, that version is awesome! Bono doesn't even sound like Bono in some parts.

Back
Top Bottom