Silly question about Popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Someone once told me, that during the 'intermission' when the boys are getting ready to come out of the lemon, where they show the 'large woman' dancing on the screen, that that is actually Bono.

juul_zingt.gif

Please confirm.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

Nope, it was a drag queen. I dont know his name but I think he was from Australia. At a certain point of the clip there was no doubdt that the person was not female. It was rather disturbing!! LOL

well i heard bono goes to dageezna's after he stops at starnold's laundromat on the way home from flipgeezas.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

LOL Sicy, even if someone told me it was Bono, Id say no.........he wouldnt go that far and the person looks nothing like him.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Tell ya what though, at the part where hes in a red dress bouncin and prancin around.......Im soooooo convinced you can see a leopard thong on!!!!!!
eek.gif

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Nope, it was a drag queen. I dont know his name but I think he was from Australia. At a certain point of the clip there was no doubdt that the person was not female. It was rather disturbing!! LOL

I heard awhile ago that the drag queen died -- is that true, or am I mixing up that drag queen and the performance artist in the Lemon video? (yes, I know I sound like a complete dork
tongue.gif
)

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

I've actually wondered if that bit was supposed to be a subtle nod to Rocky Horror Picture Show. Seems that if so many parts of the show were derived from pop culture (as were many parts of ZooTV), this would be a possible connection.
(I'm remembering right, right? There is a silhouetted drag queen in Rocky Horror, right? In the middle, doing nasty things to Janet?)

The transvestite belly dancer in question was Leigh Bowery, an Australian performance artist. A quote from Willie Williams:

"The dance set during Lemon is a performance
artist called Leigh Bowery who is sadly no longer with us. He was a great character in the London club scene for many years and would frequently go out in public like he appears onscreen. Frankly he makes Boy George look like an accountant."

Back
Top Bottom