Sicy....we need to talk...I...um...need to tell you something...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I agree 100%. I am not saying that I won't have her in my life since she's not as christian as me, I just mean that a BF/GF relationship right now wouldn't work. I'd love to be a good influence on her as a friend.

Well good for you then. See you are not such a 'Bad Daddy..' after all
biggrin.gif

Johnny, youre still a teenager, who says you have to even have a serious b/friend g/friend r ship. Just have some fun, theres nothing wrong with dating someone for a while without it being serious.
If you start picking and choosing about details such as religion now, you might end up being alone for a while. I respect what you're saying but I just hope you aren't forgetting to have some fun.
Believe me, you'll be at an age soon enough when you wonder why you didn't have more fun when you were a kid.

Just my 2 cents..

Johnny...I hope it all works out, and that you and this girl beome great(er) friends.
smile.gif

(We knew he couldn't stay away from Sicy this long...hehe)
wink.gif

------------------
The more you take the less you feel
The less you know the more you believe
The more you have the more it takes today

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
It's not a pity really, it's just being sensible. I really like her and want to have her as a good friend, but I don't want to lead her on.

That's very cool and mature of you, Johnny (mature and Johnny are two words I never thought would be in the same sentence...
biggrin.gif
kidding). In the end, I've found that if a girl is worth it, they'll really appreciate your honesty and will stay friends with you. And who knows what might happen later, sometimes the timing just never appears, and sometimes it does and then something really special can come out of it - but either way, you've got a good friend out of it.

But honesty is definitely the best way to go. Much better to be mature and honest and lose excitement but gain a good friend than to be greedy and get some momentary excitement and ruin any chances of friendship.

Well I guess you aren't really seeing where I'm coming from, it's not about 'religion' it's about where we are at in our lives. She likes to have a good time with her friends and get wild, and I don't party. I don't think I'm more holy than her or anything as judgemental as that. But I just want to surround myself with good influences in my life, and a girlfriend that understands where I'm coming from is important.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 10-11-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom