Sick for Love (Woman) on youtube / Achtung Baby Outtake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dr.dae said:
Hi all,

Sometimes beautiful things happen when you think you know almost every song of our boys...and now this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p68O9OKfMv4&mode=related&search=

Never heard it before and as far as I know it`s not on the Achtung Beibi Outtakes, is it ?

Ready for you all to prove me wrong...

And please KhanadaRhodes dont tell me you got it since the late 80ies...:wink:

cheers,
dr.dae

I'm the creator of that video, and I'm pretty sure it is part of the Salome sessions.
This particular one is a track from the 7-cd set. (Number 4 on the 4th cd)

What makes you so unsure of whether or not this is from the Axtung Beibi outtakes?

It is from the Axtung Beibi Outtakes. Sick for Love (Woman) is track 10 on disc 2 of Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes. It's also the same as Back Mask U2, track 2 on disc 3.

Track 4 on disc 4 (technically of the Hansa Ton Outtakes, not Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes) is also called "Backmask U2," the fourth track on that disc with that title. It is essentially the same as Track 2 on disc 3 (Sick for Love (Woman)), but longer.

The problem, of course, is that since these are fan-created names, there are some aberrant names floating about. I once saw one of these songs called "Montgomery's Visit." Who knows where that song title came about!!

Also unfortunate is that in most instances of a song having multiple versions, the versions all have the same title; however, for some instances (i.e., Sick for Love & Back Mask U2), different versions of the same song have different titles---even within the same compilation.

"Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes" was technically only the 3-disc set. "The Hansa Ton Outtakes" is either the entire 7-disc set or only the final 4 discs of the seven, I'm not sure.

Here are the titles that I have for the tracks on all 7 discs:

Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Discs 1-3)
1 - Salome 5:56 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
2- Where Did It All Go Wrong? 4:07 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
3- Where Did It All Go Wrong? 3:41 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
4- Heaven And Hell 6:44 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
5- Doctor Doctor 2:34 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
6- Jitterbug Baby 3:55 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
7- Salome 9:13 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
8- Salome 5:33 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
9- Sunset In Colors 14:55 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
10- Chances Away 1:39 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock
11- I Feel Free 6:35 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 1) Rock

1- I Feel Free (Version 2) 4:31 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
2- Sweet Baby Jane 2:02 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
3- Morning Child/Don't Turn Around (Version 1) 5:35 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
4- Morning Child/Don't Turn Around (Version 2) 4:00 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
5- Morning Child/Don't Turn Around (Version 3) 5:09 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
6- Take Today (Instrumental) 6:32 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
7- Even Better Than The Real Thing (Instrumental) 4:52 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
8- She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around (Version 1) 7:46 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
9- She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around (Version 2) 7:41 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
10- Sick For Love (Woman) 5:34 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
11- Wake Up Dead Man 7:39 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock
12- Take Today (Vocal) 6:32 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 2) Rock

1- Someone 1:05 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
2- Back Mask U2 3:12 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
3- Acrobat 4:19 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock 4- Salome 5:57 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
5- Morning Child/Don't Turn Around 5:10 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
6- Take You Down 5:17 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
7- Going Down South 5:36 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
8- Salome 3:50 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
9- Salome 13:07 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
10- Salome 6:02 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
11- Salome 8:04 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock
12- Salome 12:03 U2 Salome: The Axtung Beibi Outtakes (Disc 3) Rock

Hansa Ton Outtakes (Discs 4-7) *I'm too lazy to number all these!
Back Mask U2 (DrumsSynthesizer) [5-48] 5:50 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
Back Mask U2 (DrumsSynthesizerVocals) (Tech 4 Click, Get rid of that little tamborineBono Standing in the lake at night...) [7-54] 7:55 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
Back Mask U2 (DrumsSynthesizerVocals) (Bono Can you hear her standing there...Ya, this is the middle somewhere) 7-22] 7:23 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
Back Mask U2 (DrumsSynthesizerVocals) (Bono Same as D3 T02, but longer) [8-21] 8:22 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World [3-14] 3:15 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish FastAcrobat'ish) [6-25] 6:26 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Very Mothers Of the Disappeared'ish) [6-13] 6:14 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Kinda Depeche Mode'ish) [5:50] 5:50 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes Rock
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Similar to D5 T02, but slower-lower) [6-10] 6:11 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Familiar but I can't place it) [6-05] 6:06 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [5-57] 5:58 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-11] 6:13 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-13] 6:14 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-11,] 6:12 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [6-12] 6:13 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [6-08] 6:08 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish Fast-Acrobat'ish) [6-10] 6:11 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [5-59] 6:00 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-06] 6:07 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-04] 6:05 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [7-06] 7:07 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-49] 6:50 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-07] 6:08 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizerloop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-02] 6:03 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizerloop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-13] 6:14 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizerloop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-20] 6:21 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizerloop) (She's Gonna Turn Your Head Around'ish) [6-15] 6:16 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [4-07] 4:07 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish FastAcrobat'ish) [6-20] 11:36 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(DrumsFaint Synthesizer) (Love Is Blindness'ish FastAcrobat'ish) [6-03] 5:40 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Acrobat'ish) [5-58] 5:59 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-02] 6:03 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [5-59] 6:00 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [7-05] 7:06 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-46] 6:47 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes
(Drums) (Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'ish) [6-04] 6:04 U2 Hansa Ton Outtakes

Last edited:
Nice one though... but ehm.. where do I know those lyrics from? I mean...

When the night turns mean on you.. and the day is dry like there's no water??

Is that from another song from the outtakes? Or an album song? I can't put my finger on it at the moment!! help!

Oh wait... got it:)
Its from another outtake.. Back Mask U2.. One of them anyway.. It's been a long long tiome since i listened to those, but that backmask track stuck with me it seems..

ascender_RS said:
I don't think I've heard anything from discs 4-7 before, is there a Torrent for these?

Yes thats it. I thought there are just 3 cds. Never heard anything from cds 4-7.

Could anyone upload these ?

thanks,
dr.dae

dig through old "Music On The Internet" threads. There's a with all the discs on it in there. I don't have the time to find it at the moment, but I might be able to look for it later.

This song is just greatness and deeply emotional. I just love it. I wish they could write such songs these days...SICK FOR LOVE...beautiful :bow:

Sick for Love contains som lyrical elements of So Cruel, Ultraviolet...the general vibe of the demo imo reminds me on So Cruel...yes i just read it on the youtube info:

Sick For Love (Back Mask U2)
When the night turns mean on you,
And the day is dry,
And there's no water around,
And you can't see the road ahead,
You can only see her

White and alive.
She's laughing in the face of love.
Your love is white and alive.
This is your last chance in my dreams.
In my dreams she stands over me.
Surrounded on all sides,
She has taken the higher ground.
And I'm the willing victim of her love.
And faith my favorite drug,
And faith my favorite drug,
I'm sick for love.
Sick for her love.
Sick foods you sell.
Just the sight of you makes me wobble.
I can't see straight, walk or talk to anyone else.
I can't even talk to you.
White and alive.
I'm laughing in the face of your face.
White and alive.
Sick for love.
Sick for love.
So, between the horses of love and lust
I'm trampled underfoot.

You're so ?? to your soul
drowining drunk on your love
And for a while you make me dizzy
And every beat of your heart