Siamycaoi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the acoustic version that appeared on one of the ATYCLB singles. :drool:

Acoustic is how this song should have been played on the album!

Btw, what's Siamycaoi? Stuck In A Moment You Can't.... :hmm:

:wink:

I love this song in all of its forms, and I always have. It was quite something to hear acoustically, with Bono & Edge only a few feet away from me.

Although I really like the acoustic version, I think the album version is a really great tune, probably the best on All That You Can't Leave Behind. It has a really good melody and an unusual but great sound. I think the full band version, such as the one live from the BBC with Jo Whiley in 2000 is the best live version. I wasn't a fan of starting it out acoustically and then bringing in the band. Doesn't really work for me.

PookaMacP said:
Although I really like the acoustic version, I think the album version is a really great tune, probably the best on All That You Can't Leave Behind. It has a really good melody and an unusual but great sound.

:yes: Finally someone who likes the album version.
A long time it was my fave on ATYCLB. I really love the song, IMO the album version is better. I like both versions though.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
you deicde.

for me, yes. the acoustic version blows away the cheesey, over-produced album version.

it's a song about a conversation with someone who's about to kill themselves. it should be haunting, not a cheesey pop song.

I agree, the accoustic version is better IMO...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
you deicde.

for me, yes. the acoustic version blows away the cheesey, over-produced album version.

it's a song about a conversation with someone who's about to kill themselves. it should be haunting, not a cheesey pop song.

:yes:

though I really don't mind the album version. and I love it live. Vertigo version is best, but Elevation was good too. It's really a beautiful song.

I loooove the sound of the acoustic version, but it's missing the ONE line I love love love (at least, the officially released acoustic version is): "I never thought you were a fool, but darling look at you"

If they had only included that line, I would probably never listen to the studio version again.

That said, I like to call the song "Stuck in a Song Title (You Can't Get Out Of)" :wink:

I agree that it's the choice in 'sonics'/arrangement/production that damages the song. The base tune/idea/whatever is more than fine. The acoustic version demonstrates that, although I don't think it should have been the album version.

I'll say it again as I say in every Stuck thread: There's a more gospel tinged version somewhere in the U2 archives featuring Mick Jagger among others on backing vocals - I'd trade my first born to hear this.

(There's that little "Wooh-ooh-ooh" bit that comes in just before Bono starts singing right at the start. I'm guessing that is a sample from this version?)

Earnie Shavers said:
I'll say it again as I say in every Stuck thread: There's a more gospel tinged version somewhere in the U2 archives featuring Mick Jagger among others on backing vocals - I'd trade my first born to hear this.

(There's that little "Wooh-ooh-ooh" bit that comes in just before Bono starts singing right at the start. I'm guessing that is a sample from this version?)

More Rattle & Hum-esque? :hmm:

Earnie Shavers said:

I remember reading this. Apparently(if I remember right) they changed the tempo and couldn't use their vocals anymore...

But this and Bono's version of Wanderer are songs I hope they release from the archives someday...

Back
Top Bottom