Show some love for SBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightninja56

War Child
Wow, sunday bloody sunday, first U2 song i heard, and just heard it a ton the past couple days...its tradition at my school to play sunday bloody sunday in the guys' dressing room before our school musicals...so we heard it a bunch in there and we even played it in the makeup room right before and it helped me get pumped up to put on Beauty & the Beast (i was cogsworth) and it was just awesome hearing the song like this with 60 or so people in the room actually appreciating it.

so...any love for sunday bloody sunday?

Rattle and Hum Sunday Bloody Sunday

Nothing else to add

This version deserves a lot of love.

When I heard this on Under a blood red sky it was over. I was a U2 fan for life. Will always mean alot to me.

Anyone who can't appreciate Sunday Bloody Sunday is crazy. Far and away one of U2's best songs ever.

*que obligatory posting of the Fuck the Revolution speech*

Yeah! And let me tell you something... I've had enough of Irish-Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, come up to me and talk about the resistance, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution. And the glory of dying for the revolution. Fuck the revolution! They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. What's the glory... in taking a man from his bed, and gunning him down in front of his wife and his children? Where's the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a remembrance day parade of old-age pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day? Where's the glory in that? To leave them dying, or crippled for life,or dead, under the rubble of a revolution that the majority of the people in my country don't want.

No more! Sing! No more!

:rockon:

U2's most famous cry against violence . It was already a great song , and it became that as well , Sunday deserves a lot of love .

Tell me any fan of u2 , who doesn't remember Bono screaming "I´m so sick of it" and edge's angry arm at the guitar , He and Adam coming close to Bono to perform it , its just unforgettable.

SBS.......*happy sigh*

while i was forced to give up my '83 tix to see U2 live {NYC} for the first time ........a later "obligatioon" demanded i be there instead of at the show........:madspit: yeah i still bitch on that one decades later.......

BUT I DID HEAR as I took a earlier Circleline {boat that goes around Manahattan...I'm a native nyc'r :D} that day {a freebie gift from a frien} which was right NEXT TO the Concert Pier with THE HOPES that i might catch U2 on the way out on the boat.....Rehearsing and I did,,,,,

there i suddenly see that there were 2 guys on stage-- it took a bit for the boat to clear stuff at the right angle so i could even just get a farrish view.

I hear Dum..dum....DUM...dum...... Adam on Bass!
and ting.....ting..ting..ting..... Edge On Electric Piano!
..........Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!!
On a beautiful NYC summer {not hoomid} day !!! :love:

So yeah..... SBS was my first {half of}U2 LIve !!! :drool:

and Thurs Argentine version kicked major butt :lock: :lock:

".....wipe your tears away!!....... No MORE!!!!"

Last edited:
great song....can't help but get crazy when u hear it in concert.

i can honestly say i NEVER listen to the album version, though. never really liked it as much, got to hear it live. Bootlegs only for SBS :wink:

Edge doing it solo on Popmart :drool:

Back
Top Bottom