SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Tell me one lil itty bitty moment when u just had to stop and say "Man! I love this band!!!"

Lets all hold hands and shout our moment together, Im in the mood for shouting, who's with me?!!!

i LOVE THIS BAND BECAUSE OF THE FUCKIN INTOXICATING VERSION OF ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER in DUBLIN 1989..."ROCK N ROLL THATS ALL FOLKS YEAHHHHEAAHOH"
eDgAsM SolO!!!!!!
GET HAPPY NEW YEARS OUT AND PLAY THIS NOW GUYS!!!
ooohhh that guitar is amazing...leading into what made me fall in love with Bono...

"All along the watchtower(sexy as hell)
The princess kept the view
While all the women came
And went
and the bare foot servants too"
WInd it up Edge!!!!
"Outside in the distance
A wild cat did growl
Two riders approaching

and the wind begins to Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllhhhaaaaaaaaaalll lorrrrd
oohhhhh aaaaaaaallllll looooorrrrrrrddd<--i think hes saying that anyway
ahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

then giant Bono ramble that is so fast i never know what hes singing but its so bloody brilliant it gives me chills STILL!!
Not to live
not to live
to die, to sing...

ZA<--- falls to the floor in absolute bliss

I LOVE THIS BAND BECAUSE OF THE WAY BONO SAYS "SOME FIRES YOU CAN'T PUT OUT, THIS IS THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE" AT THE BEGINNING OF TUF in CHICAGO 1987!!!!! AND ALSO THE WAY EDGE GIVES ME A MAJOR EDGASM AFTER THE FIRST VERSE!!!!!

Sing it with me U2ies!!!!

"OUR COUNTRYS A LITTLE LIKE YOU COUNTRY..JUST A LITTLE....(insert most spine tingling, tear jerking, and passionate performance of Please ever!!)

Sarajevo 1997

"WE'RE AN IRISH BAND WE COME FROM DUBLIN CITY IRELAND...LIKE EVERY COUNTRY IT HAS ITS GOOD AND IT HAS ITS BAD..THIS IS A SONG CALLED BAD...just before captivating millions upon millions of people with a 10-11 minute epic

London 1985

..I LOVE that version of All Along The Watchtower Zoomie....its arguably one of my favourite U2 performances..and an even bigger shame that those who cast it away as a failed cover on U2's part during Rattle And Hum will never here how it grew up for 89..

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 01-13-2002).]

Anywhere I can download this version of "All along the Watch Tower" ?

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

The most recent one is, not surprisingly, that intro to Streets on the Boston DVD.

The other one that comes immediately to mind is the repeated refrains at the end of Gloria on UABRS. I ALWAYS feel like it's my public duty to find a PA and play it to the entire city as I'm walking down the street with my Walkman and I've got goosebumps all over and I just can't fucking believe it can be THIS GOOD...

------------------
He set my feet upon a rock
made my footsteps firm

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

there's too many Manda..

one i had yesterday was watching (and hearing) A Celebration for the first time..those boys were so frickin cool right from the beginning, they were dorks and they were cool!! how the hell do you pull that off?!?

most of the ZOOTV Syd vid gives me that feeling too, esp Angel of Harlem, Running to Standstill, and Mysterious Ways, the part where Morleighs teasing Bono and he stands there reaching with his adorable little hands and screaming...

Streets on the Boston DVD......wow, the part with the lights always gets me

watchin the vid for Stay yest..I LOVE that one, with Bono up on the statue..

i could go on forever
icon35.gif

- middle "woo hoo"s in Elevation video, when Bono stretches out his hands victouriously

- the beginning of Streets in Boston show - the bit after Bono's spoken intro, that loooong "ooooooooooh" and the light blasts out, iluminating him from behind

- the middle "oooooh - oooooh- ooooh" Streets part with the lights

- "oooh oooh ooooh ooooh" from WOWY, live or album version

- "touch me teach me" part from BD and the live ending of BD - the goal is soul!

- "woo hoo" falsetto bit from Bad

- the crowd roar right before live performance of any song

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-13-2002).]

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
one i had yesterday was watching (and hearing) A Celebration for the first time..those boys were so frickin cool right from the beginning, they were dorks and they were cool!! how the hell do you pull that off?!?

LMAO @ that vid! Bono and his tight ass red pants!

I am truly in awe right now, jesseu2 uploaded some vids to my ftp and I just saw Please, SATS (Miami Version) and the Europe version of Stuck for the first time ever!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

I spend most of my days singing MOFO

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

You know
The sun shines east
The sun shines west
But I know where the sun shines best -------------------------- MIAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIII !!!!!!!!!! MIAMMMMMMMMMMMMMII !!!!!!!!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHH , UUHHHHHH , UUUUUUUHHHHHHH , UUUUUHHHHHHHH

Cuba
Te Quiero Mada samba
Te fera sambra
Cuba !! Cuba ...

A moment for me would have to be when I went to see them in Philadelphia Nov. 2, and they had Bad/40/Where The Streets Have No Name all in a row, like one non stop song, I just was in awe.

I've never been one to seriously dig rock bands...until about 3 years ago when I got hooked on U2.
I think one of the big things that sets this band apart are their fans...we are all so cool and considerate (for the most part)! My favorite part of the concerts was waiitng all day with a bunch of other "nutso" U2 fans! I think the behavior of the people who follow them is a direct link to who the band themseves are, and that's awesome.
So the integrity of the band got me hooked, then the music, and the fans keep me going while the band isn't dong anything!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

The opening of Streets at any concert. Starts off slow. Just the Edge. Picks up a bit with a little Larry on the drums. More and more energy until it's finally in full swing and you feel yourself jumping up and down, rejoicing with the rest of the crowd. Gives me the chills every time.

The first time I heard Love is Blindness. It's such a quiet, devastating song. It just sneaks up on you. Fucking brilliant.

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
Anywhere I can download this version of "All along the Watch Tower" ?

~z~

Zoocifier, its from Happy New years, Dublin. Everyone should own this boot. I'm not sure if its up anywhere apart from ftp sites like Under a blood red sky.
Desire just before it is awesome also.

I rather enjoy the Edge's guitar part when he goes from Discotheque to Staring at the Sun on the last tour. Similarly, I love the guitar part in the bridge of the album version of Discotheque where he plays the "wrong" note (listen to it and you get what I mean).

Plus... the guitar solos in If You Wear That Velvet Dress and Love Is Blindness (live version). Both similar and both brilliant.

... the guitars on Into The Heart and the end of All I Want Is You

... the end of Until The End Of The World

Every time I walk into a shop and U2 are playing!!! I find hard to act normally and usually want to shout from the rooftops !!
I LOVE THIS BAND !!!!! I look around in wonder, finding it hard to understand why everyone does not feel the same way.

Pamela hangs around till song is over and then moves on ------ day is complete.

Pamela

and you give
and you give
and you give yourself away

Since the tour every time that I listen to Elevation, when it gets to that point where I know that the house lights would go down, and the stage lights would go up, I just get so into the song. I end up going way over the speed limit, or dancing around my house!!

When I see someone on the street wearing a U2 tshirt, or someone in a car next to me has U2 blaring from their stereo, I want to stop them and tell them that I LOVE U2, too!!!

My fave part of a song is in "Gloria" where near the end, they used to blast the lights like a rocket taking off, and all together belt our "Glori-a"! "Pride" does that to me too, totally lifts me up! I too, love that "Celebration" video! shake, shake!!And then, the other day a guy was just walking down the stree, with headphones singing outloud, "I want to run, I want to hide" I just smiled to myself, yeah, buddy, that's a GOOD song! Waint a minute-this goes with that other thread, "You know you're a U2 fan when..." lol peace 2 u

Back
Top Bottom