shouldn't solar be out today?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
March 8th... Where's U2 "Solar"?
Is Native Son already on MTV?

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
U2 really need to get down to business. I think we should all boycott the new album so they will learn a lesson that they can't jerk us around like this!

Who is jerking us around? They are making sure they album is right, so we should boycott it as a result? OK :eyebrow:
Hopefully it was just sarcasm.

Anyway, there has never been an "official" announcement giving a date and title of the album. Just rumors and 2nd hand talk and all that indicated was a date they were shooting for.

i'd rather have a really good made album after a long wait, than a poorly made album that was made in a rush.

i'll wait:)

If everyone boycotted, they'd think we didn't like them anymore, and they'd call it quits :(

Dr_Macphisto said:
U2 really need to get down to business. I think we should all boycott the new album so they will learn a lesson that they can't jerk us around like this!

Boycotting an album when it comes out because you are tired of it taking so long to come out!

Haha!

if i were to boycott the album, how would i listen to it?

it just doesn't make any sense to me.......

I have a feeling all of the "boycotters" will come crawling back when the new album comes. :macdevil:

Just to make clear that the "BOYCOTT" wasn't my idea and I don't support it!

I've just asked: Where's solar?

Where's solar? Why, it's found in my room. It's one of the words printed the box of an old solar system kit I still have from when I was eight.

There, mystery solved.

Just to make clear that the "BOYCOTT" wasn't my idea and I don't support it!

I've just asked: Where's solar?

Nobody said you did start a boycott...

And about Solar, guys/gals/whatever...what the HELL?! The second I read the articles and saw the promotional poster...i smelt BULLSHIT. What a disastrous excuse to get hyped up about nothing.

And to those whining about no new album, I think you should consider yourself lucky Bono hasn't been picked off by a Sniper on his way to Windmill Lane or Adam hasn't suffered a smoking related heart attack...it's their choice whether they either record a superb album that satisfies all us chumps waiting and posting topic after topic on the new album on an online chat forum, or release an unfinished pile of crap that's badly mixed is no good to anyone and will be backed by a shoddy tour playing in pubs and charity gigs...

Wait for a date...then start discussing the tracklist and the singles and promotional material. Because I really don't think U2 are likely to hype such an album and then dissapoint all of a sudden.

Sorry if I seem bitter, but that's just the way I feel about this place, on top of my own problems. rather than wether U2 are gonna put Punk Rock on Venus out in 2004 or 3004!

Last edited:
Originally posted by

Nobody said you did start a boycott...

So thanks a lot!

By the way... this topic is not serious.
It was just to remember if the rumors were true we were going to have the albuns on our hands. Or allright, maybe a kind of sarcasm.

We all know that Paul McGuinness won't let them release an unfinished album.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not take 4 years to complete an album.

One of U2s greatest albums, THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE, was recorded from May 7 to August 10 in 1984. Thats right, 3 months.

STING2 said:

One of U2s greatest albums, THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE, was recorded from May 7 to August 10 in 1984. Thats right, 3 months.

Can't dispute that.

STING2 said:

True. But they did take a lot more time with some of their other albums. Their first four albums were released in such a short timespan because they were still gathering their audience and everything.

Angela

Originally posted by

And to those whining about no new album, I think you should consider yourself lucky Bono hasn't been picked off by a Sniper on his way to Windmill Lane or Adam hasn't suffered a smoking related heart attack...it's their choice whether they either record a superb album that satisfies all us chumps waiting and posting topic after topic on the new album on an online chat forum, or release an unfinished pile of crap that's badly mixed is no good to anyone and will be backed by a shoddy tour playing in pubs and charity gigs...

Wait for a date...then start discussing the tracklist and the singles and promotional material. Because I really don't think U2 are likely to hype such an album and then dissapoint all of a sudden.

Sorry if I seem bitter, but that's just the way I feel about this place, on top of my own problems. rather than wether U2 are gonna put Punk Rock on Venus out in 2004 or 3004!

:up:

Last edited by a moderator:
boycotting is a great idea, i pledge to boycott buying the album until it is released

take that you u2 scumbags, cant jerk me around

With all of this waiting and speculation, it feels like the new album coincide with the reuniting of the Beatles.

....*sees thumbs up below quote*

...my....GOD! Someone actually saw what I said and AGREED with it?!!? No WAY! Aaaah, this is a glorious day.

STING2 said:

That's all very well and nice but U2 were still a young band, making their mark in the world - all young bands release music faster. Also, you could argue a lot of that album aren't "songs" but rather, atmospheric sketches, if you will.

*edit* I just wonder how many of the biggest "what's taking so long?" or "U2 lost it, their finished because of this delay" critics will come drooling over the album or the tour?

Last edited:
U2girl said:

*edit* I just wonder how many of the biggest "what's taking so long?" or "U2 lost it, their finished because of this delay" critics will come drooling over the album or the tour?

all of us will. but that doesn't deny the fact, or make it shameful
we're dissapointed right now.

It doesn't deny the fact, but it is a bit odd to get so negative even before we heard a single note of their new music - wait or no wait.
(since we're all fans, isn't it kind of stabbing the band in the back to condemn them? In advance, even?)

not at all. if anything, it shows how passionate some of us are about U2. we wouldn't be pissed that it's taking so long if we didn't love the band. it doesn't mean we're backstabbing the band. we're just voicing our dissapointments and concerns about the current state of U2. nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom