shouldn't solar be out today?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man I love U2, and I love all the passion that this new album has brought out in people. U2 fans are arguing with U2 fans about:

1. Their passion, or lack of others passion (huh??)
2. When the release date will be
3. What "Space Garage" or "Venus Rock" is or isn't
4. Will U2 do a song for "Spiderman", "Sky Captain", or "Batman"

One way or the other it's all good and should be taken in good fun....I think.

can't believe positive attitudes need defending

Salome said:
Ispineless or not, a U2 forum should be the place where one can declare his/her love for U2 without feeling like they have to constantly justify their love for the band

Excellent posts, Salome.

I particularly noticed lately that apparently it's wrong to not be raging mad over the delay (even though for the most part all we heard are rumors) and not blaming the band for wanting to take time to record the album. (which they've been doing a lot during their career) Or supporting the album that clearly revitalised U2, and defending your favorite band if you feel they've unjustly bashed. All this are truly signs of a bad fan, it seems.

Chizip, the club thing was just used as an analogy to the current U2 events. Like I said, fans ought to, more than others, have understanding for their band's actions.

Grow a spine? That was a low shot, not even worth replying. :no:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Man I love U2, and I love all the passion that this new album has brought out in people. U2 fans are arguing with U2 fans about:

Great post! :up: Well said, Reggie. :applaud:

and on another note, people are asking me when the new album is coming out and I didn't even know they were fan's. :confused: Now they think I know someone on the inside.. Well in a way, I do ;)

Thanks Sue4U2, I hope U2Girl doesn't get too caught up in all the mud slinging here. She's usually the bright light in a sometimes dark forum....Cheer up U2Girl it's all good!!! Chizip and Mikal just share a different view of the long awaited album. They are just as anxious as you to hear, and they just channel their emotions differently than you.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Hey old friend..

Would ya like to expound on this further? ;) ;) ;) Get in touch, sillie goose.

~C

Wow, this forum is getting deep. Sometimes it appears more of a psychology discussion than "thoughts about a band". I picture some of you laying down on a psychiatric leather couch exploring your feelings.....LOL.

Salome said:

the amount of people posting in EYKIW is deplorable considering the amount of members we've got
I know that has mostly to do with Interference over time evolving into a meeting place for U2 fans instead of a place to talk about U2
but I've also heard too many times that people just get put off by the entire vibe
spineless or not, a U2 forum should be the place where one can declare his/her love for U2 without feeling like they have to constantly justify their love for the band
and too often it doesn't feel like that

but does anyone actually feel like that? i honestly haven't seen a situation that bad. thus, my "grow a spine" comment.

and u2girl, don't be so defensive. i didn't direct my "spineless" comment to you nor did i intend it for you. not sure why you took it personally......

seriously, mudslinging? i hjavent seen any of that in here. ive seen people state their opinion that waiting so long to release an album could hurt u2, and some people are disappointed its taking so long. if someone feels the need to avoid a forum because of a few comments like that, they indeed need to grow some thicker skin.

there have been no verbal attacks at anyone, the worst one i saw was directed at me from U2MDfan in my apoloy thread, buti just thought it was funny as i probably deserved it for starting that thread anyway. some people need to lighten up and actually enjoy these forums and not take anything remotely bad about u2 so personally.

oh, and just ignore jicks posts altogether.

Oh c'mon guys the mud slinging is coming from everywhere, I'm not pointing my fingers at anyone. Hell, I can be just as bad as anyone on this forum when provoked by a post or emotionally charged by a comment.

We all have our differences in opinion on the new album. I think that we might be feeling better knowing that there is some activity afoot for a tour starting next February. However, whether you get angry with the long wait, or I'm willing to sit it out doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong. It just means we're both humans capable of letting out our feelings in different ways.

I appreciate the passion I've seen in Mikal and Chizip (and occassionally Shaun Vox), but U2Girl and Salome and others are the other side of the fence and I understand how they feel too. Some of us want to debate the fact that U2 does or does not owe us an album. It's all irrelevant, because U2 will release the album or won't whether or not we all continue to post on this forum or not.

Another thing if the album is good, U2 will draw in fans by the tens of millions. They're established, they're classic, they're "golden". Like the Stones, like Zeppelin, like the Beatles. I'm not saying U2 are better or as good as, or they're not, I'm just saying that this band is legendary and as long as they put out good albums with great songs then they will always have an audience.

'Nuf said.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Oh c'mon guys the mud slinging is coming from everywhere, I'm not pointing my fingers at anyone. Hell, I can be just as bad as anyone on this forum when provoked by a post or emotionally charged by a comment.

We all have our differences in opinion on the new album. I think that we might be feeling better knowing that there is some activity afoot for a tour starting next February. However, whether you get angry with the long wait, or I'm willing to sit it out doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong. It just means we're both humans capable of letting out our feelings in different ways.

I appreciate the passion I've seen in Mikal and Chizip (and occassionally Shaun Vox), but U2Girl and Salome and others are the other side of the fence and I understand how they feel too. Some of us want to debate the fact that U2 does or does not owe us an album. It's all irrelevant, because U2 will release the album or won't whether or not we all continue to post on this forum or not.

Another thing if the album is good, U2 will draw in fans by the tens of millions. They're established, they're classic, they're "golden". Like the Stones, like Zeppelin, like the Beatles. I'm not saying U2 are better or as good as, or they're not, I'm just saying that this band is legendary and as long as they put out good albums with great songs then they will always have an audience.

'Nuf said.

:yes: :applaud: :up:.

Thank. You.

Angela

Wow, its amazing how you come back to a thread after a few days and see how things have deteriorated.

I almost feel like I started it with the "who is jerking us around comment". Sorry, if true, because I wasnt intending that at all. I just dont view what U2 are doing as jerking us around. If they put out a crap album they didnt spend any time on, THAT would be jerking us around.

Anyway, its the same old argument from a different perspective. People can be critical of the band and there is nothing wrong with that. Its typically the difference between being critical and backing it up with legitimate reasons versus just slamming the band to incite problems. Thats typically where problems develop here.

Personally, I'am happy they are taking their time. I expect a fantastic album as a result though. If its average then I will definately express my displeasure with it. But I just cant comprehend just getting pissed that an album is delayed. I guess some of you are. Each his own, it would seem to me that someone that would legitimately get pissed off over something like this gets pissed about things that dont go their way in general. To let something that is entertainment and/or a hobby to get to you so much cant be all that healthy for you. I have a feeling though that what most of you claiming to be pissed off on the net about is probebly just disappointment in your day to day life. Things tend to get exaggerated on net discussions IMO.

Lets just be happy the album is coming with a massive tour to follow.

Last edited:
blue room, you always put it in such good perspective. and that's what i'm defending here.

i have said some negative comments about the current situation, but i've always said why i felt that way.

i also think that a lot of times when someone says something that could be considered negative and its not backed up, a lot of times it's just in jest.

as far as this thread goes, i wouldn't say it has deteriorated. this is the best discussion i've been in since i started posting here again. it's been a simple debate and i haven't seen any insults thrown around, so it's all cool.

Well put Blue Room. I've only been posting on interference for a couple of months now, but lots of you have plenty of intelligent things to say. Plus, any U2 fan is OK in my book.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Some of us want to debate the fact that U2 does or does not owe us an album.

Interesting posts, Blue Room and Reggie.

To me, I don't think U2 owes us anything (certainly not an album that has never been given an official date to begin with, and not an album when WE feel like it) - they achieved so much already I wouldn't have blamed them if they were to call it quits after ATYCLB/Elevation tour.

I would also like to say I certainly understand the people who read more than post, and don't want to get into discussions.

Numb1075 said:
Wow, this forum is getting deep. Sometimes it appears more of a psychology discussion than "thoughts about a band". I picture some of you laying down on a psychiatric leather couch exploring your feelings.....LOL.

LOL
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom