Should U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2fan42

The Fly
Who here thinks that it would be a good idea if U2 did a rock opera or theme albumn a-la Quadrophenia, The Wall, or Tommy?

I'd sort of rather they just made a new album and toured.. as boring and mundane as it is. But if they did decide to did, it would certainly be interesting.

I kind of think that they have already done their 'experimental' kinda thing, with Passengers, I dont know about this rock opera thing- never been a fan of it myself, I am a huge fan and hated what they did, kind of thought it was Pete Townshned indulging himself too much, so I would like to see U2 just keep doing some cool music
smile.gif

I think the rock opera thing would be pretentious shit. Although I did see "Tommy" twice on Broadway and was thoroughly fantastic.

The orchestra thing ala Metallica I think could work - but could come off as pretentious.. U2 often walk a fine line sometimes - and the press is always waiting to skewer them if pretentiousness arises.

Just went to the opera last week. Saw La Boheme. I don't think U2 could pull it off.

I wouldn?t be to happy with a rock opera or such things. It ain?t fit with U2. Just pull out another "normal" album is absolute Ok for me!

And PLEASE tour a bit more in Europe this time!!!!
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE

------------------
beLIEve

Does anyone remember what happened to Styx when they went down that road?
rolleyes.gif

Ugh - please no.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Back
Top Bottom