Should they saved WOS for new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stayyoung

Babyface
I dunno, I just think after seeing the clip from the show last night that this is a really great song. It deserved a proper release really and suits Bono's voice a lot more now than it ever would have done back in JT era i'd say.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
No, it is where it is, it fits well there...

Agreed.

Though I can't say I'd be shocked if it re-appeared as a b-side, given how few original songs we've received recently.

I like the song a lot, and the performance was great, but I wouldn't want it on the new album. It's a great song, but I have these grand visions of Fez, and it doesn't fit with those. :wink: It's also hard to say now that it's after the fact, now that we've heard it...it's easier to say that it belongs where it is and that we want "new" stuff for the album.

no i think the way they released it was good.
i see wave of sorrow as old U2 and i dont think it should fit in with their new material, although it is a great song.

But if you'd never heard it, would you still feel that way?
I think no matter what direction U2 take, there will always be room for a song like this.

I think that it is a pity it was put out like this, because it deserves a proper release, not some outtakes disc 2 rerelease where only die-hards will hear it.

I just listened to it for the first time, and it really is pretty good. I was listening to the remastered album and thought it sounded like Bono now and not then. So I decided to look up stuff on interference just to make sure.

Nice song, but i want more than this from the Fez sessions. I want a bit more experimentation, less lyrics about poverty and more dark poetry...:eyebrow:

WOS is okay, but it's not better than any song on the JT IMO.

Honestly, I am very impressed with this song. When I first heard about it, and how Bono was writing lyrics and now recording them, I feared we'd get another "American Prayer"-style song ( :barf: )... but this tune is pretty damn good. Bono's voice sounds even better than on HTDAAB and his lyrics have definitely improved, IMO. Goodstuff :up:

The idea of this thread sort of undermines the whole concept of an album.

Then again, so does HTDAAB.

From everything thats been leaked from the Beach Clips to the jamming in Lanois' new documentary, I dont think it would fit the mood of the new album.

Besides, I don't think a 20 year old political message would work very well on a brand new album ;)

That song is way too "U2ish" and belongs as one of those songs for the hardcore fans like us; a hidden gem for true U2 fans to appreciate.

Personally, I'm expecting them to be breaking away from the norm by blowing us away with a whole new musical direction.

Nope, it is great as they released it. It is awesome, that U2 decided over two decades later, they want to work on a demo, they re-discovered. A haunting beautiful melody, outstanding lyrics. And a tune, U2 should keep as a quiet moment in their setlists for next tour, as a song with a topic. The London performance showed, what a live gem this song really can be ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Nope, it is great as they released it. It is awesome, that U2 decided over two decades later, they want to work on a demo, they re-discovered. A haunting beautiful melody, outstanding lyrics. And a tune, U2 should keep as a quiet moment in their setlists for next tour, as a song with a topic. The London performance showed, what a live gem this song really can be ...

Well said :up:

No.
But i hope that revisiting JT will have an influence on their next album. An influence not on the sound but on the idea to make a cinematic album with a strong theme/idea/guiding line.

Back
Top Bottom