Should New York be released as a single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
and Grace , Red Hill Mining Town , and Trip Through Your Wire ( extend dance remixes ) , Salome ( box-set of outtakes ) and Miami,The Fly , live versions
And Howie B & U2 mixes
wink.gif
and Sarajevo " Pride " live version with edge on vocals
And finally Macphisto limited , VERY limited 7 copies ( for me , DB9 , sicy and BonoEdgeLarryAdam ) box-set with all devil's speeches , songs , thoughts and telephone calls
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't forget Lady With A Spinning Head.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Salome ( box-set of outtakes ) and Miami,The Fly
trust me, you don't want anyone to release Salome

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

NO. That would whore out the meaning that the song actually has, just because it would make a quick buck for a 9/11 fund doesn't mean it should be a single. There is life beyond 9/11, not all actions need to be made based on how much money it can make for the victims.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
NO. That would whore out the meaning that the song actually has, just because it would make a quick buck for a 9/11 fund doesn't mean it should be a single. There is life beyond 9/11, not all actions need to be made based on how much money it can make for the victims.

It's not about the money, it's about relevance and the fact that "New York" is a great fucking song!

------------------

Maybe the version they're playing now?

It may do alright on the charts given what happened on September 11th.

What do you think?

------------------

There was a "letter to the editor" written in the New York Daily News the other day. A guy was saying that U2 should release NY and POE together as a single (or is it double) and donate the money to the relief fund. I think that would be a great idea. Would like them to rerecord both though....put new lyrics into NY and make POE more listenable. I don't care much for the album version of POE.

What do you think?

CK on the MT

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 11-01-2001).]

Originally posted by TheU2:
There was a "letter to the editor" written in the New York Daily News the other day. A guy was saying that U2 should release NY and POE together as a single (or is it double) and donate the money to the relief fund. I think that would be a great idea. Would like them to rerecord both though....put new lyrics into NY and make POE more listenable. I don't care much for the album version of POE.

What do you think?

CK on the MT

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 11-01-2001).]

That would be sweet! Definitely rerecord them though.

------------------

... how about to make a decision to tour USA for 6 months more , huh ???!!!! For love or MONEY heh...

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean Green Bay will get 4 shows?
wink.gif

------------------

It would get a lot of attention in the U.S. but not worldwide. In A Little While or Kite would be much more succesful.

------------------
"You see things and say 'Why?'; but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'" -- George Bernard Shaw

agreed juan...i also dont like how critics would see the release, cos no matter where the money would go, that would be a devastatingly effective pr move...but one that could easily appear calculated and raising U2's standing via the tragedy...

Agreed! New York is a brilliant song but I think it would be spoiled by being released. Same with POE.

Personally I don't think they'll release anything else after Walk On (which isn't out here yet) because Bono has got new material - so they'll prob release that!

No! There are at least two much better singles left on ATYCLB - IALW and Kite!

Apart from that, I don't think that they'll release a fifth single. Why should they release a single in Feb/Mar 2002 15 months after the release of ATYCLB with no further promotion like a tour or various TV appearances scheduled?

Back
Top Bottom