Should Interference be an official site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
makes sense considering thousands of people frequent here and Elvis has connections with the band and management (i think)
The Elliott Smith fansite I go to was made official before Elliott died.

or is this already considered an official fansite?

U2.com is the official fansite, we have mentioned before taking this one on but the office didn't. It's better not to be official, I think, there is more than can be done with a privately run fansite. This is by far the best site, of course :wink:

Last edited:
I never go to U2.com either. nothin really there... here you have these people to talk to :D and all teh cool groovy pics and info! YAY!

No. This site is better served as a fan site. Almost all fan sites have info. before U2.com. But that's not the purpose of U2.com - it's to provide something that fan sites can't provide. Fan sites get info. and pics fast - but they only get public info. U2.com can go behind the scenes. They need to concentrate on that more.

No because almost all official sites.. suck, for lack of a better word.

I love Interference the way it is, and I don't think we'd have as much freedom if this was to become an official site. That's just my assumption though.

I think U2kitten is right. Unofficial sites may have a little more freedom with what they can do.

And really, what difference does it make if Interferece is the official site or not? It's the best, and that's all that counts.

No, this should stay unofficial, the official site just needs to up its game

I think U2 should remain independent, international and unique. Always. There's time later for big ideas.

hey don't put down U2.com, I loved all the exclusive videos they had on there.. especially the alternate version of Walk On which I've never seen on TV since I'm in Canada

No no no, interference should stay the way it is!
I know i have said it a million times already, and here i go again, why oh why did they take down the old dark green zootopia, only to replace it with a crappy version that no one likes and uses:scream: :rant: :grumpy: :coocoo: :yuck: :censored: :mad:

I was thinking...due to Elvis latest goals (an exclusive interview with the band, a message from the band to Interferencers, Edge stopping by to say hello) I think that the new U2.com may not have a proper forum (Zootopia never really worked IMO), but a link/banner to...well, you guessed...Interference :yes:

Tchau
MT

I think the problem with becoming the "Official" site is you probably wouldn't have the freedom you now have.

(And I mean this in a good way).

Last edited:
Interference is excellent because it is officially the official unofficial site! :wink:

The ONLY way this site could be any more official as an unofficial site is if the gang here could score us some tickets for the tour. If they ever did that then I would officially change my unoffical shorts for some clean and official ones. :D

follower said:
I was thinking...due to Elvis latest goals (an exclusive interview with the band, a message from the band to Interferencers, Edge stopping by to say hello) I think that the new U2.com may not have a proper forum (Zootopia never really worked IMO), but a link/banner to...well, you guessed...Interference :yes:

Tchau
MT

Keep in mind that there is an entire staff that works on the site and plans its goals - it's a combination of team efforts that have made the site what it is today and all that that has brought.

HelloAngel said:

Keep in mind that there is an entire staff that works on the site and plans its goals - it's a combination of team efforts that have made the site what it is today and all that that has brought.

Didn´t mean to exclude anyone, sorry, no need to feel offended. Maybe you don´t know, but I used to collaborate finding news for the now defunct U2News, which was Interference affiliate or something, so I had a glimpse of all the hard work the Interference team has done. But hey, it is still Elvis´site, isn´t it?

MT

follower said:

Didn´t mean to exclude anyone, sorry, no need to feel offended. Maybe you don´t know, but I used to collaborate finding news for the now defunct U2News, which was Interference affiliate or something, so I had a glimpse of all the hard work the Interference team has done. But hey, it is still Elvis´site, isn´t it?

It is - but there is an entire staff on the Zine that works on Interference like a second job, is what I'm saying. What you see on the main site and also on the forum is entirely a team situation. The site's content offerings, obviously, has grown exponentially beyond news gathering. :)

I may own Interference.com, but it is a TEAM effort... both the Content Team and the Forum Team, as well as myself.. that makes up this site.

You know...I was re-reading this thread, and I noticed that the thread starter, Basstrap, a long time Interferencer like me, said that Elvis had connections with the band, therefore maybe Interference should be an official site. He didn´t say Interference TEAM has connections with the band...and that was okay for him to say, but nor for me. Just felt like point that out.

What I tried to say in my first post was that Zootopia never worked as a proper U2 forum, it was a nightmare. On the contrary, Interference forum, known as U2 Feedback, has always worked really well. I´ve been around since its beginning, I registered in July 2000, 1 1/2 month after the forum got started, it has always been a great place to talk about U2. There were times when I used to be more active, but oh well, life goes on...I´m not even a premium member anymore.

So...we don´t know what features will be present on the new U2.com, maybe they will have a Zootopia II. What I do think is that one shouldn´t repeat the same mistake. Therefore, the site could link up to this one. That´s all.

MT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom