Should I take a date to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
so, I've been out with this girl once.....
and I have tix to see U2 in NJ on the 28th. (GA , by the way). I wonder if this would be a good third date?????????????

What do you think?????? A little too crazy for a third date??? Or a memory to last forever?

She says she likes U2, but I don't know if she's really a fan.....Or should I take my older sister who is a really big fan and has yet to see them on this tour????

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

it depends. are you planning on waiting in the GA line all day? if so, i'd say don't take a date. first of all, i DOUBT she'd want to do that. plus, she might think you're a little strange for doing it. if you're just going to walk into the venue at 7:30, then i say go for it! most girls would love to go to a U2 concert- especially if it's with a guy they like.
smile.gif

that being said, i still think you should take your sister. who knows, this date might turn out to be a b*tch in the future (hopefully not, but you never know!). then you would have ruined a perfectly good U2 concert memory because of her. also, since your sister is such a big fan, she'll really appreciate the entire show- she won't complain about the GA line, or standing for hours, etc.

so i think you should take your sister to the concert, and then take your date out to dinner the following night. but that's just my opinion. good luck!!
smile.gif

thanks for your opinion....

either way, i am not waiting in line to get into the heart
smile.gif

i'm weighing my options though!!

nice to hear advice from a fellow New Yorker!

[This message has been edited by Hitman (edited 10-19-2001).]

Yeah, New York!! i'll be at the NJ show, too, although i'll be waiting in line to get into the heart. i hope you enjoy the show!!
smile.gif

Just my opinion-your sister. My brother and I don't get along at all, but one happy memory I have is going to a U2 concert with him.

Of course, after, we got in a fight...

There will always be dates, but your sister is special.

*wishes her brother would think she is special*

awww, i think you're special, Gina Marie! (((hugs)))

smile.gif

and i agree with you about there always being dates... Hitman, bring your sister! i would, except i don't have a brother or a sister. *sniff* ah, the sad life of an only child... LOL! actually, i was going to bring my dad to the Philly show on Nov. 2nd, but I can't go now. He still has a GC ticket, though, so he might still go on his own. Go Dad!!! Rock n' Roll!
biggrin.gif

Bring the Date! Trust me. There's a good chance something good will come out of it. I can guarantee that if she likes you, she would be more than flattered if you choose to bring HER over anyone else!

And remember, you'll be on the floor, where it's crowded and lively. It's a great chance to make your move.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I think you should bring your sister. It would score you major brownee points with her, and she'll always be your sister. If you really really like the girl, I guess you can take her, but I would make sure she is a fan. I went to the concert on leg 1 with someone who was only a casual fan, and it would have been a lot more fun having someone singing along with me to all the songs instead of just watching. Regardless....have a blast!

Take your sister!!!! Believe me a date you can take anytime but a sister is forever! And boy will she love you for it!!!!

Show some Soul....take the sister !!!!

ESPECIALLY if she's not seen them, and she's a diehard fan !!!!

If it was at POPmart, you would have protection, they sold POPmart condems at their shows.... LOL!!

I would take your sister by the way.

In some parts of West Virgina or Kentucky, your sister would be your date.

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

Going to a U2 show with someone that is not a huge fan, can suck. It can take the enjoyment out of the show for you.

Bring your sister.

Definitly your sister (she's a big fan, not sure if your date is)...your bound to have a better time with your sister just for the fact that you'll be more comfortable and if it works out with your date in the long run, then take her next time....good luck with your decision....

Originally posted by ZOOTB:
your bound to have a better time with your sister

Not if his date is horny!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

it depends.
do you wanna increase your chances of scoring that quickly?
OR
do you wanna make sure great U2 fans are in the building that night?
does your sister REALLY wanna see it?
on the other hand if this girl is just a casual fan, by not taking her is she not being held back from the experience that all of us here on this board, and many others, enjoy: a passion for U2.
there's just so many layers.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

hey mikal-
if you live in my refrigerator...can you clean it for me??
tongue.gif

on another note...bring your sister.

Hey, if a guy I was dating asked me to go to see U2, I'd practially marry him!
biggrin.gif

However, he'd then have to put up with ME getting all crazy and shit over the guys...mere humans can't quite compare, y'know?
wink.gif

disco

Originally posted by Hitman:
so, I've been out with this girl once.....
and I have tix to see U2 in NJ on the 28th. (GA , by the way). I wonder if this would be a good third date?????????????

What do you think?????? A little too crazy for a third date??? Or a memory to last forever?

She says she likes U2, but I don't know if she's really a fan.....Or should I take my older sister who is a really big fan and has yet to see them on this tour????

Yes! You WILL score points!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Never mind that BS about not taking her into the GA line, she loved it! That was the best move I ever made!!
wink.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 10-19-2001).]

My vote goes for your sister! Family comes first. Back in the day, my older brother would get tickets to go see Pearl Jam..and of course, me, being one of their biggest fans at the time, would beg him to take me. Well, he never did. And I'm still bitter about it to this day.
wink.gif

Well Hitman,

Let me tell you what I did. When I won tickets from K-ROCK for the Irving Plaza concert in NYC, I had a tough decision. Take a chick to impress her...or take my sister who was always there for me from the beginning. My sis is also a big U2 fan.

I took my sister and I do not regret it at all to this day.

AJ

Back
Top Bottom