Should I get a U2 tattoo? If so, what should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
I'm deathly afraid of needles, but i'm thinking of sucking it up and going for it... nothing too big, nothing psychotic like my main man tattoo dan...

tattoo.jpg

... but something...

suggestions?

Anti-tattoo people who know nothing about them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my darling; I like the joshua tree, especially like that guy has. It looks good. The only problem is all that black ink. That's going to hurt. Maybe do the heart in a suitcase thing. Several people have that and it looks good. That can be small and hidden more easily, if you want to keep your new tat a secret.

Tats don't feel at all like a needle shot, not at all. The needles don't go in like a shot. I like the feeling, myself. :D Be sober when you go, so you can remember it and make good decisions. But, keep this in mind: once you get one, you'll want more. :yes:

No offense to any guy who has it, but I think the heart in a suitcase is really feminine.....

and yes, like Martha said, once you get one you'll want more :wink:

why don't you look at the ATYCLB sleeve and go with one of those symbols next to every song......

i especially like the ones for BD, SIAMYCGOO

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:hmm:

joshua tree is too generic... everyone's got that. think think think... :hmm:

That doesn't even look like the Joshua Tree. It looks like some random bonzai.

Honestly, if you're going to go for a tattoo really think about it.Make sure it's something that you will like forever, and seeing as though we can't tell the future there is no possible way of knowing that.

Also, when you get older that nasty stain will look nothing like the initial drawing you wanted.

I say lay off the tatoo. It's not really necessary and you're risking way too much of your own comfort later on.

martha said:
Anti-tattoo people who know nothing about them. :rolleyes:

unfair comment. everyone has their right to their opinion :|

no ones perfect. could turn up tomorrow that u2 gets fucked up and 5 years from now are total assholes. do you want a u2 tattoo then? i think one thing that should have been learned from following the band is that love can be blindness sometimes

Last edited:
"J33-3"

Zooropa Face from the cover
ResizedZooropaCoverBaby.jpg

Best of 80-90 face from the cover

Lemon with orbit
popmart%20lemon.jpg

This "tree"
zoo.jpg

or the "Joshua Tree"

bathiu said:
Zooropa Face from the cover
ResizedZooropaCoverBaby.jpg
this is what i have. i like it. U2 fans recognize it but i still get stopped by some asking me what it is. so i think it's the right mix of something obscure and recognizable.

and i don't know what martha's talking about :wink: i personally found the black ink to hurt less than coloured ink.

and yes, tattoos are very addictive. since i was like 12 or 13, i'd wanted one on my ankle. i was finally able to get one when i turned 18. i now have four and still want more. guys who have lots of tattoos are hot :drool:

BrownEyedBoy said:

Also, when you get older that nasty stain will look nothing like the initial drawing you wanted.

I say lay off the tatoo. It's not really necessary and you're risking way too much of your own comfort later on.

It's too bad that all your tattoos have turned to shit. Mine all still look great.

Re: Re: Should I get a U2 tattoo? If so, what should I get?

yimou said:

Show me a picture of this guys back when he turns 80 :wink: Its gonna be ONE ugly mess by then...

yeah but who cares what you look like when you're 80... its NOW, your youth that counts and that looks cool

I personally have a U2 tattoo, and I loooove it, because it's not just a tattoo just to have a tattoo, which is the thing to do these days. It's on the side of my lower back so I can have it hidden, but it can also be seen depending on what I wear. My tattoo consists of "U2" written in achtung baby style, then on each of the 4 corners I have a different symbol from different eras. I have the Joshua Tree, Zooropa face, the lemon with the shopping cart in it from Popmart, and the dove symbol from ATYCLB.

I'm deathly afraid of needles, but i'm thinking of sucking it up and going for it...
So why would you have to get a tatto?
I'd love to know what to get myself.
I once got a butterfly on my shoulder. It was sexy, but thank God after two weeks it was gone. :wink: That’s the only kind of tattoo I can dare getting.:reject:

Back
Top Bottom