Should I buy October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2STEVE70

Babyface
October is the only U2 cd I do not own. The only song I know from it is Gloria. Is it worth buying?

Yes, definitely! I Threw A Brick, Fire, Tomorrow, October, and Scarlet are wonderful tracks. In fact, the whole album is great. Grossly underrated.

Yes, it is my least favorite album of theirs but still worth it. Gloria is great, but the song October is unbelievably beautiful. Also, Rejoice is one of U2's most straight up rockers and Tomorrow actually has bagpipes!

Yes, definitely. It may take a while to get used to the songs/style, but it's well worth it. As many others have said, the standouts are Tomorrow, October, and Fire

Yes...."Go-For-It"

The best tracks (besides "Gloria") are::

I Threw A Brick Through A Window ( Good Jammer )
Rejoice ( Excellent tune )
Fire ( Great rocker )
October (Mellow ballad)
Tomorrow ( Brilliant Tear-Jerker About Bono's mum's death )

Definitely...Go buy this LP...You'll love it!! :love: :yes:

It might be cliche`, but U2 are known for atmospherics and emotional punch when it comes to their music, right? Well, there's plenty of both on October. It's quite haunting. I think of it as the album that could have been. They were on their way to a masterpiece but it got a bit derailed. Still, there's plenty of beautiful music to be found on October.

YES, GO NOW AND BUY IT- You will not be dissapointed with one song- it will fill your body with emotions and want you to be a better person, and make you want to make the world a better place! Every song off the album is fantastic! My favorites off it

REJOICE
SCARLET
I THREW A BRICK THROUGH THE WINDOW
I FALL DOWN
TOMMORROW
FIRE
GLORIA
OCTOBER
STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND
IS THAT ALL
WITH A SHOUT

It is very worth it. October is very underrated, particularly in this forum.

I bought it because it was the only one I didn't have.

Gloria is a great song, but the album as a whole does sound very dated.

I'd say buy it to complete your collection, but don't expect to be blown away.

lmjhitman said:

There's always gotta be a shit disturber :wink:

well i personally enjoy the album but evvvvverybody had said yes, sometimes a variety of opinions is needed

agree with boystupidboy

October, to me, doesn't sound dated at all - whereas War and The Unforgettable Fire do. In fact I hear a lot of Boy and October in some new bands of this decade. I'm a bit surprised wth Ellay saying it's very dated. everyone to their own opinion though.

October was the album that got me into U2. Musically the band as a whole sound superb; production - reverb and traditional instruments are used to create a superb haunting and cinematic atmosphere. Lyrically religion is pretty much in your face more with this U2 album than any other (maybe equalled only with Pop) which is possibly why it gets a raw deal. Generally I'd say it's my third favourite U2 album of the 80s behind Boy and The Joshua Tree.

Saying all that, music is subjective and you may indeed personally hate the album. But just because it is has been practically ignored on The Best of 1980 to 1990 compilation (other than the title track as a bonus) don't ignore the album, give it a glisten.

report back here please what you think once you've heard it - sometimes i'd wish to go back 20 years and rediscover U2 all over again. :sigh:

Last edited:
October was the first album of U2 that I bought. My brother, who 21 years old, is a fan of U2 because of my influence:D , and October is one of his favourite albums.
Buy the album. To me it doesn't make sense missing one album in an entire collection.

and Gloria will always be one of those special songs to me.

Last edited:
GO NOW AND BUY IT....
It's very underrated album around here.

...well maybe not in this thread... but you know...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom