Should Bono play Jesus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Do you think it'll help him or hurt him if Bono played Jesus in a Hollywood movie?

By the way, I think I know the answer to this... :reject:

I have only watched the Until The End performance and some other bits. I have to really go and get ZooTV on VHS cos it doesn't seem to be coming out on DVD anytime soon.

And I was joking with my original post. I hope he doesn't do something stupid like that. There already are too many idiots out there calling him a overly self-righteous Christ wannabe. Makes me mad. :mad:

Wow, Flying FuManchu, right after I read your post the beginning of U2's cover of "Helter Skelter" from "Rattle and Hum" played in my head. :wink:

Last edited:
Maybe Bono could play another god. Like one of the lesser gods in the Greek heirarchy.

Or, he could literally play God...like in a game of checkers or something. I think Bono would win!

Well, in my opinion Bono is doing more for the world we live in than Jesus did back in his day, and is probably a better bloke overall too. Bono is more magical too.

So I'd be asking who would play Bono rather than Jesus.

Bono might as well be God, if God exists.

intedomine said:
Well, in my opinion Bono is doing more for the world we live in than Jesus did back in his day, and is probably a better bloke overall too. Bono is more magical too.

So I'd be asking who would play Bono rather than Jesus.

Bono might as well be God, if God exists.

That´s one of the most absurd posts I have ever read. Saying that Bono is "a better bloke" and "more magical" than Jesus is something really stupid. I mean come on he is a great guy and all, but your fanatism for him is just too much. He is just a ROCK STAR, not the son of God or something like that. Yes he does give back a lot to people that need it, but he receives a LOT more than what he gives. I am not a devote Catholic or Christian, but however I think that that statement is really off. Bono is a good guy, but he is not the best bloke out there and certainly not "better than Jesus".

Aardvark747 said:

Jesus had a six pack?!!:ohmy:

My my, that man WAS the best wasnt he!:wink:

He actually got his six-pack after his 40day training in the desert (according to a gospel)

P.S.: indeed a crap thread

It's just occurred to me - as Alanis Morissette played God in Dogma, Bono should be Supreme Overlord God of all Dimensions and Forms of Reality Including Perception of God (there's a very long queue for that position at the Job Centre).

Back
Top Bottom