Shocking...ticketbastard fails miserably yet again - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2001, 11:17 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Shocking...ticketbastard fails miserably yet again

Well, true to form good ol' ticketbastard failed to even be able to keep their website running in the rush for U2 tix. *sigh* I've been refreshing the page for a solid 15 minutes and still haven't gotten through. lol. Oh well. It's nice to know that all the scalpers were able to get the tickets they needed to extort money from fans and make them pay three times more than face value. No KC or St. Louis for me this time round, I guess.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Old 11-10-2001, 11:40 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well, true to form good ol' ticketbastard failed to even be able to keep their website running in the rush for U2 tix. *sigh* I've been refreshing the page for a solid 15 minutes and still haven't gotten through. lol. Oh well. It's nice to know that all the scalpers were able to get the tickets they needed to extort money from fans and make them pay three times more than face value. No KC or St. Louis for me this time round, I guess.

-sula

ohh, don't be down. there's always a way to get tickets. day of show sales, through this board and such and such. have faith, it will be rewarded with a tick and a phenomonal night.

------------------
always wear your safety belt

Old 11-10-2001, 11:43 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 06:15 PM
yeah...I just got back from Hen House in Olathe, KS and I was #4 in line and they couldn't get logged on to the system so they were sold out by the time I got up there...

And it was particularly Important to me to get tix. (see my post about Denver-prob a page or so down)

I'm bummed.

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."
Old 11-10-2001, 11:43 AM   #4
She wore graaaapes

Local Time: 12:15 PM
Damn, now I really nervous!!

1 hour 10 minutes till my tickets go on sale.

Old 11-10-2001, 11:43 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I can't complain too much. I got to see them three times on the first leg, was in the heart twice, and right in front of Edge at the Boston 4 show. So if I don't get tix, I shall survive and just listen to my bootlegs. It just irks me at how hopeless the ticketmaster situation is. blah.
Old 11-10-2001, 11:50 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

TicketMaster needs a severe antitrust suit against them. Not only do they have complete market domination, not only do they contribute to gouged ticket prices (Pearl Jam fought them, because they wanted to set cheap tickets for their own concerts, but TicketMaster refused), but now they can't even maintain their infrastructure. I'm still convinced that TicketMaster is doing back-handed deals with the ticket brokers, giving them easy access to the tickets in exchange for a percentage of the additional profit or something like that. It's only sinister how easily ticket brokers get tickets from TicketMaster, while we flounder on jammed servers. Wasn't there also a case where it was discovered that a U2 pre-sale was turned on hours before it was supposed to be starting? If that's not possible evidence of back-handed deals, I don't know what is.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 11-10-2001, 11:53 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Same here. My eyes and my head and my hands are aching and I had no luck at all. I am so depressed. I was there the whole time I just couldn't get through.

Sulagirl- what did they call St.L GA? I didn't find a 'floor' or 'GA' listing and that messed me up. Was it event level seating? I chose that but I was too late. I wouldn't have scored anyway, I tried with Atlanta and did everything right. I was hoping to come here and find I wasn't the only one and to have someone give me hope.
TM SUCKS
Old 11-10-2001, 11:56 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Strange you should say that, melon, because it's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I find it extremely suspicious that a pretty large collection of fans from around the country are unable to get tickets while every scalper seems to have plenty. Not only that but if you're going to be the sole dealer of tickets and the largest, wouldn't it make sense to have reliable infrastructure and say...oh..I dunno, some customer service??? This is why we have competition and not monopolies, so that providers of goods and services are forced to attract customers with good prices and service for fear of losing their busines. Definitely plenty of material for an antitrust lawsuit if I ever saw one...but who's going to bring it?

-sula
Old 11-10-2001, 12:02 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

So sad. Didn't get GAs for St. Louis. And I promised myself that if I didn't get GAs, I wouldn't go to the concert.

And melon, you're totally right. Ticketmaster needs a major kick in the ass. I only wish *I* could be the one to give it to them. God, I hate them.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons
Old 11-10-2001, 12:03 PM   #10
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:15 AM
I've always found it amazing that nobody can take down the corporate behemoth known as Ticketmaster. Hell, as far as I can tell, TM has rarely been challenged. They've got such a fucking ridiculous monopoly on all the venues.
Old 11-10-2001, 12:08 PM   #11
ultraviolet_j

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1030558711

Fuck these guys. Look what time I am posting this at! tickets went on sale an hour ago and this is already online! I just don't understand how this stuff goes on.

Old 11-10-2001, 12:10 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

oh lookeee...you can get a GA for KC at the low low price of $227.50 at www.intertixx.com
Old 11-10-2001, 12:13 PM   #13
She wore graaaapes

Local Time: 12:15 PM
ARSES!!!!

They suck so much!

42 minutes until I'm crying also!

------------------
"Even Texas loves New York!" ~ Bono, 11/5/01

Thanks for an incredible day boys! Thanks for the autographs!

VIVA LAS VEGAS!
Old 11-10-2001, 12:20 PM   #14
The Fly

There were a bunch of us in Nashville trying to get GA Atlanta tickets. None of us had a chance. Not even at one second after 10. Something is WRONG!!!

Ticketmaster=TicketNazi!
"Brokers" = SCALPERS...let'scall them by their NAME!

#@$%%&*+*&^%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"
Old 11-10-2001, 12:32 PM   #15
War Child

Actually, you can get 85.00 tickets for KC right next to the stage as we speak! They are awesome seats! Go now!
Old 11-10-2001, 12:39 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

An antitrust suit would have to be instigated by either a class-action suit from the individual states and/or by federal action. Considering Bush wanted to let Microsoft get away with murder in the proposed suit settlement (luckily, a settlement most of the states in the class-action rejected), considering it was Reagan who made ticket brokers legal in the first place (and Bush has not made it a secret that he highly admires him), it's not likely we will be receiving any relief anytime soon.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 11-10-2001, 12:39 PM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:15 PM
this is wacked out. I didn't try to get tickets so I'm not exactly how bad it was but it sounds like this happens on a regular basis and its ridiculous. if anything, don't buy any of those tickets at outrageous prices, go to the venue the day of the show and get tickets they release that day. You pay face value and you know the money is going to the band and not lining the pockets of a ticket broker.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980
Old 11-10-2001, 12:41 PM   #18
The Fly

Location: Boston, which seems way too far from Dublin right now...and that has absolutely nothing to do with U2
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well, true to form good ol' ticketbastard failed to even be able to keep their website running in the rush for U2 tix.
-sula
I suggest that you all call ETS now (they're open today). If you're serious about wanting to go to these shows and want to pay the U2-endorsed price of $150 per GA ticket, this is the way to go, very hassle free and if the band is endorsing them, then you know you're getting tickets, not fakes. I did it for Hartford, know people who did it on the third leg. Call now, they fill up fast.

Amy

[This message has been edited by amybatt (edited 11-10-2001).]
Old 11-10-2001, 12:45 PM   #19
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Ticketmaster sucks! I was trying for Phoenix GA's over the internet. I got through less than a minute after tickets went on sale at 10am and got the dreaded message that GA's weren't available. I don't see how it's possible all GA's sold out THAT quickly.

Old 11-10-2001, 12:45 PM   #20
The Fly

Location: Boston, which seems way too far from Dublin right now...and that has absolutely nothing to do with U2
Quote:
Originally posted by tkramer:
Actually, you can get 85.00 tickets for KC right next to the stage as we speak! They are awesome seats! Go now!
Don't give up if you don't get GA. The show is just as good from other places in the arena!

Amy