Shocking...ticketbastard fails miserably yet again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well, true to form good ol' ticketbastard failed to even be able to keep their website running in the rush for U2 tix. *sigh* I've been refreshing the page for a solid 15 minutes and still haven't gotten through. lol. Oh well. It's nice to know that all the scalpers were able to get the tickets they needed to extort money from fans and make them pay three times more than face value. No KC or St. Louis for me this time round, I guess.
frown.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well, true to form good ol' ticketbastard failed to even be able to keep their website running in the rush for U2 tix. *sigh* I've been refreshing the page for a solid 15 minutes and still haven't gotten through. lol. Oh well. It's nice to know that all the scalpers were able to get the tickets they needed to extort money from fans and make them pay three times more than face value. No KC or St. Louis for me this time round, I guess.
frown.gif

-sula

ohh, don't be down. there's always a way to get tickets. day of show sales, through this board and such and such. have faith, it will be rewarded with a tick and a phenomonal night.

------------------
always wear your safety belt

yeah...I just got back from Hen House in Olathe, KS and I was #4 in line and they couldn't get logged on to the system so they were sold out by the time I got up there...
frown.gif

And it was particularly Important to me to get tix. (see my post about Denver-prob a page or so down)

I'm bummed.

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

smile.gif
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I can't complain too much. I got to see them three times on the first leg, was in the heart twice, and right in front of Edge at the Boston 4 show. So if I don't get tix, I shall survive and just listen to my bootlegs.
smile.gif
It just irks me at how hopeless the ticketmaster situation is. blah.

TicketMaster needs a severe antitrust suit against them. Not only do they have complete market domination, not only do they contribute to gouged ticket prices (Pearl Jam fought them, because they wanted to set cheap tickets for their own concerts, but TicketMaster refused), but now they can't even maintain their infrastructure. I'm still convinced that TicketMaster is doing back-handed deals with the ticket brokers, giving them easy access to the tickets in exchange for a percentage of the additional profit or something like that. It's only sinister how easily ticket brokers get tickets from TicketMaster, while we flounder on jammed servers. Wasn't there also a case where it was discovered that a U2 pre-sale was turned on hours before it was supposed to be starting? If that's not possible evidence of back-handed deals, I don't know what is.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Same here. My eyes and my head and my hands are aching and I had no luck at all. I am so depressed. I was there the whole time I just couldn't get through.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sulagirl- what did they call St.L GA? I didn't find a 'floor' or 'GA' listing and that messed me up. Was it event level seating? I chose that but I was too late. I wouldn't have scored anyway, I tried with Atlanta and did everything right. I was hoping to come here and find I wasn't the only one and to have someone give me hope.
TM SUCKS
icon13.gif

Strange you should say that, melon, because it's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I find it extremely suspicious that a pretty large collection of fans from around the country are unable to get tickets while every scalper seems to have plenty.
frown.gif
Not only that but if you're going to be the sole dealer of tickets and the largest, wouldn't it make sense to have reliable infrastructure and say...oh..I dunno, some customer service???
rolleyes.gif
This is why we have competition and not monopolies, so that providers of goods and services are forced to attract customers with good prices and service for fear of losing their busines. Definitely plenty of material for an antitrust lawsuit if I ever saw one...but who's going to bring it?

-sula

So sad. Didn't get GAs for St. Louis. And I promised myself that if I didn't get GAs, I wouldn't go to the concert.
frown.gif

And melon, you're totally right. Ticketmaster needs a major kick in the ass. I only wish *I* could be the one to give it to them. God, I hate them.
mad.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

I've always found it amazing that nobody can take down the corporate behemoth known as Ticketmaster. Hell, as far as I can tell, TM has rarely been challenged. They've got such a fucking ridiculous monopoly on all the venues.

ARSES!!!!

They suck so much!

42 minutes until I'm crying also!

------------------
"Even Texas loves New York!" ~ Bono, 11/5/01

Thanks for an incredible day boys! Thanks for the autographs!

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

There were a bunch of us in Nashville trying to get GA Atlanta tickets. None of us had a chance. Not even at one second after 10. Something is WRONG!!!

Ticketmaster=TicketNazi!
"Brokers" = SCALPERS...let'scall them by their NAME!

#@$%%&*+*&^%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

Actually, you can get 85.00 tickets for KC right next to the stage as we speak! They are awesome seats! Go now!

An antitrust suit would have to be instigated by either a class-action suit from the individual states and/or by federal action. Considering Bush wanted to let Microsoft get away with murder in the proposed suit settlement (luckily, a settlement most of the states in the class-action rejected), considering it was Reagan who made ticket brokers legal in the first place (and Bush has not made it a secret that he highly admires him), it's not likely we will be receiving any relief anytime soon.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

this is wacked out. I didn't try to get tickets so I'm not exactly how bad it was but it sounds like this happens on a regular basis and its ridiculous. if anything, don't buy any of those tickets at outrageous prices, go to the venue the day of the show and get tickets they release that day. You pay face value and you know the money is going to the band and not lining the pockets of a ticket broker.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Well, true to form good ol' ticketbastard failed to even be able to keep their website running in the rush for U2 tix.
-sula

I suggest that you all call ETS now (they're open today). If you're serious about wanting to go to these shows and want to pay the U2-endorsed price of $150 per GA ticket, this is the way to go, very hassle free and if the band is endorsing them, then you know you're getting tickets, not fakes. I did it for Hartford, know people who did it on the third leg. Call now, they fill up fast.

Amy

[This message has been edited by amybatt (edited 11-10-2001).]

Ticketmaster sucks! I was trying for Phoenix GA's over the internet. I got through less than a minute after tickets went on sale at 10am and got the dreaded message that GA's weren't available. I don't see how it's possible all GA's sold out THAT quickly.

This is so suspicious that's for sure... I saw so many scalpers crowding around in Austin (more than I had seen at the other shows) and they would all take out their stacks of tickets and wave them around "$200.. only $200!" that's sickening. Perhaps a vast majority of the scalpers are actually TicketMaster employees... it would be easily accessible and convenient for them--and quick to screw us over, let's not forget that!

Good luck everyone in your fight against TicketMaster. I've still only used Propaganda for my ticket needs, and am not sure how I would deal through them.

Okay, I read something a few years ago about the whole ticket brokerage thing and from what I recall brokers/scalpers get at least some of their tickets from people who work for the promoter and possibly from record company executives. Plus, I don't doubt there is some "inside trading" going on at Ticketmaster.

Anyhoo, all of this has been documented in the media.

I have to say that in general, I'm not a big fan of Ticketmaster.

But not only did I get tix online today for the St. Louis show, I actually got through to the ticket server about 3 times (lots of refreshing) in the first 20 minutes after tix went on sale. I didn't get GA's (which, U2kitten, I do think were called event level seating), but then again I wasn't especially aiming to get floor tix. Just cheap tickets! As it is, I'm in the nosebleed section, as far as I can tell. But I haven't been able to get tix for any other show in the area on this tour (in fact, I've not seen U2 live at all since 1992--believe me, I know how disappointing it is to not be able to get tickets, for whatever reason), so I'm just happy to be there. Even if the boys are tiny little dots.

If online ordering was the only way to get tix through TM, then I'd be more outraged by the busy server troubles. As it is, it's just frustrating, but hardware can only keep up with so much (note that I'm not excusing TM per se, because as I stated above I'm not thrilled with them overall and there certainly are much larger problems with the system).

Thanks Sassafrass, I tried first for Plaza thinking that might be it and I got through but when I saw they weren't GA I clicked out and tried again to no avail. I was on as soon as they went on sale. Same thing for Atlanta and I still got nothing at all. Did ANYONE here score GA's or is there really a conspiracy? I'm serious! There are so many of us here and on the mailing lists and if we didn't score WHO DID?

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-10-2001).]

I was first in line, not one GA for Dallas. The guy tried for me for at least 45 minutes just in case something came available.

NOTHING!!!

------------------
"Even Texas loves New York!" ~ Bono, 11/5/01

Thanks for an incredible day boys! Thanks for the autographs!

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Originally posted by Like O2:
I was first in line, not one GA for Dallas. The guy tried for me for at least 45 minutes just in case something came available.

NOTHING!!!

Now this is ridiculous. FIRST IN LINE?? Where did all those tickets go, I smell something crooked somewhere. Is Ticketbastard really in cahoots with the scalpers? What's the deal? Looks like being an average honest U2 fan doesn't pay off.
frown.gif

Originally posted by amybatt:
I suggest that you all call ETS now (they're open today). If you're serious about wanting to go to these shows and want to pay the U2-endorsed price of $150 per GA ticket, this is the way to go, very hassle free and if the band is endorsing them, then you know you're getting tickets, not fakes. I did it for Hartford, know people who did it on the third leg. Call now, they fill up fast.

Amy

[This message has been edited by amybatt (edited 11-10-2001).]

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the number for ETS? Do they have an online service, by any chance?

Originally posted by MysteryGirl:
There were a bunch of us in Nashville trying to get GA Atlanta tickets. None of us had a chance. Not even at one second after 10. Something is WRONG!!!

Ticketmaster=TicketNazi!
"Brokers" = SCALPERS...let'scall them by their NAME!

#@$%%&*+*&^%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN, SISTER!!!

One would think that having a DSL line and a mega-fast new computer would be able to score me some GA's for KC, but nooooo! The scalpers must have managed to snap up every GA ticket! I had better luck with U2.com's presale getting GA tickets to Chicago,(8 hours away from where I live) than Kemper, which is 15 minutes away. I ended up getting GC tickets, which at US$140 are still half the cost of the scalped GA's!

icon28.gif
on TM!

------------------
*gasp* My spoon!

Adam -- The Simpsons

Back
Top Bottom