Shocking as this is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gareth brown said:
Zooropa and Lemon = U2's two best tracks. First time I heard this record i was fucking blown away...absolutely stunning start to finish but those two tracks are my two favourites ever...nothing beats them.

I don't know about Zooropa being stunning during the start. The intro's way too long! I always fast forward to about the minute mark, then the brilliance starts coming! :drool:

The intro to Zooropa is not too long! Every other intro is just too short. You have been conditioned to our Attention Deficit society. That song is brilliant from the first second.

Hey Moo Moo!

I always wonder what that must be like for people who are new to U2 and think that ATYCLB is just the way U2 has always been.

If you're asking ME, (which I'll assume you are :p ) I'd get Zooropa (because its exciting), then The Unforgettable Fire (because its... erm, not so exciting -- *waits for rabid UF fans to blast me with abuse*), then R&H (because I didn't know where else to put it) and end with October (because it's :drool: )

But on topic, Zooropa is a great album! Definately the most fun to listen to for me.
And the siren thing at the end? :drool:

Zooropa was the first U2 album I bought on the night it was released -- I was just getting into the band back then.

Ahhh, what memories... I remember being floored by how cool tracks 1 through 5 all sounded. (Not that the rest are too shabby either!) I remember telling people that Zooropa had the "best 5 opening songs of any CD ever" at the time... :)

I'm so envious that your ears are just now getting de-virginized.

Hoodlem said:
The intro to Zooropa is not too long! Every other intro is just too short. You have been conditioned to our Attention Deficit society. That song is brilliant from the first second.

Amen. People so often just seem to want a song that hooks them at the opening second and has no real merit instead of a meticulously crafted masterpiece. It's sad.

Zooropa...first time I heard it I was hooked! It was amazing and I still love to listen to the song everyday because it never gets old. What more can be said besides:drool: :drool: :drool: ?

It took me a long time as a U2 fan to finally get and listen to this album. For some reason, when I'd heard that it was one of their most experimental, I'd though that I wouldn't like it. Then I heard Passengers... :wink:

Who knew that I'd love it so much? There are days where I'll listen to only this album and not even touch any others. Lemon, Numb, Zooropa--wow. Some Days--good for its sheer pop/bubble gum sound. And The Wanderer is great simply for its loopiness.

Hoodlem said:

Exactly. Remember the best intro in all of music---Streets.

Utoo said:

Exactly. Remember the best intro in all of music---Streets.

I see nothing wrong with a long intro, the long intro on streets is the best part, but the long intro on Zooropa does nothing for me. The song goes for 6.30 I don't see why it's necessary.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of zooropa is absolutely fantastic but there's really no need for that two minute long intro

The long intro of Zooropa is absolutely essential. It sets up the entire theme of the song.

jonnytakeawalk said:
The song goes for 6.30

Too short, eh? :wink:

Zooropa and October are the only U2 albums I didn't like right off the bat. It took awhile but Zooropa is now in my top 5 and stange as it is I never really cared for October untill about a month ago. I always thought it was U2's weakest album but now I'm not sure. It might be better than WAR. As for Zooropa I think the appeal is that it's so different yet it's still U2 in so many ways. Aside from Stay it doesn't have a typical single the way U2 albums tend to have. It's a trashy gem for sure.

jonnytakeawalk said:

I don't know about Zooropa being stunning during the start. The intro's way too long! I always fast forward to about the minute mark, then the brilliance starts coming! :drool:

I dj in the bar and two weeks ago I started the night off with Zooropa. Let me tell you that it was amazing. The intro is long yes, but it ruled the way the lights in the club dimmed and I threw out the smoke and worked the lights just right and started the night with an ambient type thing like Zooropa. The Saturday night dj was in attendance and he later came up to me to ask what the first song was. He had never heard it before but he thought it was amazing. he said it was a perfect opener. So if it's the perfect opener for the bar it's good enough for me. I love the intro. To each their own.:wink:

I love Zooropa, love the track too, I've always felt it is actually two songs grafted together, but it works!

I think impressions about the album werd greatly influenced by the singel/vieo Numb, including Edge going solo live on MTV VMA. It put off a lot of people, I just thought it was a good way to deflate the whole big U2 thing and for U2 to mock themselves. Babyface, Lemon, Stay, Dirty Day, Some Days are Better than Others and Zooropa completely rule.

Shaliz said:
I loved this album the first time I heard it, too!:drool: What I think is funny is that my dad seems to really like this album..........didn't see that one coming the first time I played it for him! :lol: :wink:

Haha, thats funny, the other night i was playing zooropa while i was helping my mom make dinner, and usually she asks me to turn off my music once we sit down. This time, though, she didnt say anything! The three of us sat through Daddys Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car (not really dinner table music) without them saying anything! I was so suprised :huh:

tommycharles said:
I'm listening to the Zooropa album for the first time right now. Wow, I love it (I'm up to Lemon at the moment, but it's all been pretty great so far).

T

I had almost the exact same experience about a week or so ago. I had heard most of the songs on the album from downloading them, concerts, etc., but had never listened to Zooropa from start to finish. I agree with those who say it is a pretty amazing album, especially considering it was put out during ZooTV and just two years after Achtung. Good stuff!

I really like most of the songs, but especially agree with Axver on the songs Lemon and Zooropa. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom